News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2012

Started by Maladict, December 10, 2011, 09:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Had a nice 20 mile spin this afternoon, someowhat spoilt by the two G&Ts half way round.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Drakken

Succeeded in benchpressing 5x60lbs dumbbells yesterday during my chest routine, and my barbell inclined bench press keeps increasing (now at 110lbs, or bar+2x32.5lbs). 

This has put a high note to a very good bulking session of four months, in which I've taken 12 pounds while keeping decreasing to 20% body fat as measured by my sport nutritionist. In other words, I've gained good lean muscle mass and kept the fat under control.  :showoff:

Off to 3 months cutting now.

Valmy

My New Year's Resolution was getting up early and working out before work.  Doing it in the afternoon with my son just wasn't working.

I am three for three so far!  :showoff:

I had hoped to do spinning like Slargos recomended but there is nothing at 5:45 in the morning at my gym.  I am thinking I should hire a PT for one or two sessions to put together a workout for a half hour a day.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on January 04, 2012, 09:47:08 AM
My New Year's Resolution was getting up early and working out before work.  Doing it in the afternoon with my son just wasn't working.

I am three for three so far!
  :showoff:

I had hoped to do spinning like Slargos recomended but there is nothing at 5:45 in the morning at my gym.  I am thinking I should hire a PT for one or two sessions to put together a workout for a half hour a day.

Good going. :cheers:

Is anyone else doing much exercise or are you all too busy at the gym to post ?

Eddie Teach

Been busy exercising my jaws.  :Embarrass:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 06, 2012, 05:50:14 PM
Been busy exercising my jaws.  :Embarrass:

Well it's said jaw, jaw is better than war, war.  :bowler:

fhdz

Quote from: mongers on January 06, 2012, 05:48:49 PM
Is anyone else doing much exercise or are you all too busy at the gym to post ?

Fit...ness?

I was running six days a week until a nasty cold. I haven't been back on the treadmill since.

The last few days, however, I have been doing pushups and some calisthenics in the mornings.
and the horse you rode in on

Capetan Mihali

I am crash dieting.   :)
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

mongers

Went for a 35 mile spin around the Dorset countryside to an iron age hill fort, Badbury Rings, lovely weather for early January.

Couldn't help myself, but burn off a couple of groups of mountain bikers.  :blush:

mongers

Whilst out and about, I had a chat with a cyclist about running;hmm, I'm half considering taking it up again after, *cough*, *cough* years.

I've already already mapped out a 5000 metre circuit, I think currently I could manage 200 metres of that or at least to the end of the road.   :hmm:

mongers

It would be madness for me to take up running. :rolleyes:

FunkMonk

Ran six miles at a nice jogging pace today, trying to get back into shape for longer runs. Aiming for a marathon in November.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

mongers

Quote from: FunkMonk on January 11, 2012, 09:38:59 PM
Ran six miles at a nice jogging pace today, trying to get back into shape for longer runs. Aiming for a marathon in November.

:cool:

I think my running days are behind me, I shall stick to bikes.

FunkMonk

I ran a half-marathon last year in St. Louis and it was a lot of fun, even though the hilly streets kicked my ass a teeny bit. Until recently I've never really been interested in distance running because I've always considered myself a short-distance sprinter, but I've since discovered the joys of long and enjoyable runs in the countryside.

Of course there isn't much countryside in the city so I have to drive to the park or a trail. There seem to be a lot more of these where I live now that I've come back to Texas.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: FunkMonk on January 11, 2012, 10:14:38 PM
I ran a half-marathon last year in St. Louis

Did you put a 13.1 sticker on your car?
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)