'New Year's Eve': The Most Important Movie Ever Made

Started by garbon, December 11, 2011, 01:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

Brazen

Quote from: katmai on December 12, 2011, 04:30:40 AM
I don't understand how the awfulness that was Valentine's Day came out that this piece of shit was green lit.
"Easter" coming soon from the makers of...

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on December 12, 2011, 02:34:39 AM
Quote from: garbon on December 11, 2011, 08:08:51 PM
Do hipsters exist in Poland?

Yes they do. And for some reason the area where I live is suddenly their favorite zone in Warsaw.

I wonder if the Polish version of Williamsburg is anything like the "Polish" version of Williamsburg aka Greenpoint.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Brazen on December 12, 2011, 05:53:41 AM
I don't understand how the awfulness that was Valentine's Day came out that this piece of shit was green lit.
"Easter" coming soon from the makers of...

Too religious! :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

VD was released February 2010.  If I understand the movie making biz (and I don't really, but whatever) it takes at least a couple years from green lighting a project to it being released.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on December 11, 2011, 01:56:34 PM
I hate hipsters.

I can't tell if the review is trying to be scathing and sarcastic or ironic and supportive.

The fact that it is posted by the NF without any comment makes it even more annoying.

I hate hipsters.

You really couldn't tell if it was being sarcastic?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

hotshot

Quote from: garbon on December 11, 2011, 02:05:53 PM
So has anyone who speak English glanced at the article?

Skimmed through the first few lines. Realized it was too long so moved on to reading comments instead.  :D

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Barrister on December 12, 2011, 09:42:12 AM
VD was released February 2010.  If I understand the movie making biz (and I don't really, but whatever) it takes at least a couple years from green lighting a project to it being released.

Pretty much, but the costs aren't immediately sunk- the plug could have been pulled pretty much anytime prior to principal photography.
Experience bij!

Eddie Teach

Valentine's Day grossed 110 million with a budget of 50, so there's your answer.

http://boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?id=valentinevs.htm
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

With the sheer volume of star actors in this film it will make a tidy profit as well.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."