News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

News from the 13th Century.

Started by mongers, December 13, 2011, 03:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Razgovory

Quote from: JonasSalk on December 13, 2011, 07:30:10 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 13, 2011, 03:52:48 PMNothing gets past you, huh?

Says the genius who doesn't understand basic sociological studies. Is there a reason why you post, Raz? Medicine cabinet run out?

What does that have to do with knowing that there aren't sorcerers?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Solmyr

Quote from: mongers on December 13, 2011, 05:50:07 PM
Quote from: PDH on December 13, 2011, 05:27:40 PM
To be fair, the thread title should be "news from the 15th century"

No I went for 13th, because 15th/16th would be too near to when the English went from having witchcraft as an evil crime to it being described as just fraud and punishable as such;  I don't think the Saudis are anywhere near that legislative progress.  :P

Official Catholic doctrine in the Middle Ages denied that sorcery was even real. In fact, you could get into more trouble for accusing someone of witchcraft. The inquisition was about rooting out heretics, not witches.