News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New York in 9 hours or less

Started by crazy canuck, December 08, 2011, 04:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on December 09, 2011, 02:01:02 PM
Late nights Greenwich Village tends to stay quite lively - that is an option as well.

I'm not sure I'd bring children here - well I guess depending on the day. Typically gets pretty rowdy at night especially Wednesday/Thursday to Saturday.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on December 09, 2011, 02:20:20 PM
Late nights Greenwich Village tends to stay quite lively - that is an option as well.

I'm not sure I'd bring children here - well I guess depending on the day. Typically gets pretty rowdy at night especially Wednesday/Thursday to Saturday.

Sounds like a great place to go without the kids but I think I will wait a few more years before I take the boys along.

Capetan Mihali

The other big preliminary question is: have you(/wife) or the whole family ever visited New York before?

If not, maybe just taking the Yi route of staying west of the Hudson could be a teaser, and make the next big family vacation a trip to New York
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 09, 2011, 02:21:51 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 09, 2011, 02:20:20 PM

Sounds like a great place to go without the kids but I think I will wait a few more years before I take the boys along.

Yeah my neighborhood is totally family friendly during the day / early eve but yeah night not so much.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Ask your kids which they'd prefer.  If they want New York bragging rights, then drive into Times Square and drive right back.  If they want a quicky New York experience, but no bragging rights, do Weehauken.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 09, 2011, 02:49:26 PM
Ask your kids which they'd prefer.  If they want New York bragging rights, then drive into Times Square and drive right back.  If they want a quicky New York experience, but no bragging rights, do Weehauken.

Fine but do NOT shoot Alexander Hamilton.

It is considered rude and contrary to common opinion, it is illegal even in New Jersey.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson