News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: celedhring on December 26, 2015, 02:23:13 PM
What makes it different/better than your regular ARPG?

Sunk costs.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Nothing much. I find it soothing.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

It's Titan Quest with a grim setting.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Norgy

A fair amount of big titles on sale too.

Well. Looks like I might give myself a gift. Or three.

celedhring

So far I've got Tales of Borderlands, Game of Thrones, and Wolfenstein: New Order. Might stop here just because that's enough to last me a while.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 26, 2015, 07:51:11 PM

Sort of.  The character design options are more complex.  It makes PoE look fairly simple. The itemization is excellent and the game itself is very well designed.  My initial impression after playing around with a few classes yesterday is this is the best ARPG available.

Quote from: Norgy on December 27, 2015, 06:24:05 AM

What has caught your attention?

Drakken

A friend has sent me South Park - the Stick of Truth as Christmas Gift. Picked up to be a Jew. Having a lot of fun with that game. I loled so hard when I entered into Cartman's Mom's room and rummaged through her stuff. :lol:

Also purchased the full Company of Heroes package.

Alcibiades

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 27, 2015, 10:25:48 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on December 26, 2015, 07:51:11 PM

Sort of.  The character design options are more complex.  It makes PoE look fairly simple. The itemization is excellent and the game itself is very well designed.  My initial impression after playing around with a few classes yesterday is this is the best ARPG available.

Quote from: Norgy on December 27, 2015, 06:24:05 AM

More complex than PoE eh?  Even with the new gem system?  :hmm:

May give this a try if so.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

frunk

PoE doesn't need to be more complex, it needs a better interface on the complexity it has.  How well is the information about items/skills conveyed?

crazy canuck

Quote from: frunk on December 27, 2015, 04:05:32 PM
PoE doesn't need to be more complex, it needs a better interface on the complexity it has.  How well is the information about items/skills conveyed?

I agree.  At core it is a good system.  I like it a lot but they could do a better job explaining what modifies what and more important what does not.

Syt

The new Assassin's Creed (which got decent reviews) is 40% off during the sale.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Iormlund

Picked up Sunless Sea and Pillars of Eternity, though I probably won't play them for a while. Still on a Fallout 4 binge.

Norgy

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 27, 2015, 10:25:48 AM

The whole Star Wars collection is on sale. I never tried KOTR II, so I bought it.
Also bought Metal Gear Solid V, as I tend to like open world games.

And three smaller titles for change; Door Kickers (which seems nice in a very difficult way), Frozen State (Early access, top-down game, find out what the hell happened in a Siberian town), and Bioshock 2. Well, that's not a small title, but it was almost free.

There's been a common theme to many early access games or releases the past 2 years or so; craft, fight, survive in first-person view. One that I found interesting, was the zombie-free The Longest Dark. You're all alone in a cold world, and the dangers are not so much from other creatures but from nature itself. Freezing, falling, starving.

Syt

I picked up a bunch of indie games. I also got the Ultimate Edition of The Secret World. I've been interested in its setting for a while and supposedly it's quite lore rich. It requires no subscription anymore, but the "Issues" (content updates) cost over €20 each. The Ultimate Edition is €22 at the moment and includes all issues up to 11, so I would only need to buy 12 and 13 if I feel like I might play this some more.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Duke Nukem 1, 2, 3D, and Manhattan Project are heavily discounted on GOG.com. The game rights will change hands on January 1st, and GOG.com haven't come to an agreement with the new owners yet.

It's similar to when they lost the rights to Fallout 1 & 2, only then they gave them away for free before taking them off (the games have since returned to the store).

If you buy the games now, they will stay in your account after 01/01/2016.

http://www.gog.com/promo/weekly_staff_pick_farewell_duke_281216
—Stephen Jay Gould