News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

Picked up Shadowrun Hong Kong in the recent Steam sale.  Generally pretty good, except what the hell were they thinking with the hacking changes?  Real time content with crappy pathing?  A simon says minigame that isn't well explained, combined with a memory minigame.  Bleh.  Before you figure it out it's frustrating, once you figure it out it's boring.  Never lands on fun.

Syt

Humble Bundle have a 25 Years Neo Geo bundle, with many fighting games: https://www.humblebundle.com/

Samurai Showdown II - I spent quite some money on the arcade machine during my military time. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Pedrito

Steam Christmas sale is set up to start tomorrow.

Keep your credit cards ready, gentlemen.  :bowler:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Razgovory

Quote from: Pedrito on December 21, 2015, 01:30:29 PM
Steam Christmas sale is set up to start tomorrow.

Keep your credit cards ready, gentlemen.  :bowler:

L.

Those motherfuckers!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

celedhring

Got myself the Borderlands and Game of Thrones games from Telltale. Looking forward playing them both these holidays :)

Pedrito

The lack of daily and flash sales is very disappointing.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Quote from: Pedrito on December 23, 2015, 05:23:02 AM
The lack of daily and flash sales is very disappointing.

L.
I thought I had read that Steam isn't going to do those anymore. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Solmyr

Yes, any price reduction you see will be the same until the end of the sale. Which is nice, because now you know that the price won't drop even more the day after you buy something.

celedhring

Quote from: Solmyr on December 23, 2015, 09:48:12 AM
Yes, any price reduction you see will be the same until the end of the sale. Which is nice, because now you know that the price won't drop even more the day after you buy something.

Yeah, I signed in yesterday, made my purchases, and now I'm done. No longer need to check every 8 hours to check flash sales. I'm happy with that setup.

Razgovory

God Help me, I may end up buying that AGEOD WWI game. Not the one that can't tell North from East, the other one.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

Picked up Grim Dawn in the steam sale.  The early access is coming to an end early in the new year.  The last build finished the content for the game so they are close to going live.  Good time to get it if you are interested in the game.

The Brain

I got 203h in Grim Dawn so far.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

What makes it different/better than your regular ARPG?

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on December 23, 2015, 07:39:14 PM
God Help me, I may end up buying that AGEOD WWI game. Not the one that can't tell North from East, the other one.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/312360/ ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"