News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

Special Woot! buyout of a Napoleonic wargame: GMT Games Commands and Colors: Napoleonics for 43.92 instead of 72.99. I figured some of you grognards might be interested.
https://home.woot.com/offers/commands-and-colors-napoleonics?ref=w_cnt_lnd_cat_home_3_43
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

garbon

Pillars of Eternity and Tyranny are now free on Epic.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on December 10, 2020, 04:27:05 PM
Special Woot! buyout of a Napoleonic wargame: GMT Games Commands and Colors: Napoleonics for 43.92 instead of 72.99. I figured some of you grognards might be interested.
https://home.woot.com/offers/commands-and-colors-napoleonics?ref=w_cnt_lnd_cat_home_3_43

Almost certainly these are remaindered copies of the first edition, so if there were significant changes with later editions you might want to be careful before buying.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Habbaku

They're sold out now, anyway, so no worries there.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Epic Games will have a free game every day for 15 days, starting today: https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/news/the-holiday-sale-returns-on-december-17-plus-15-free-games

According to rumors they will be fairly big and newish games, too:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

mongers

Quote from: Habbaku on December 17, 2020, 09:11:10 AM
Any recommendations there?

Dark Quest 2 is on there for a couple of bucks. :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

This turned up in my inbox today:

DIG Weekly BUNDLE #335 is here for $0.49 with 9 STEAM games

Titles included in the bundle:
Mermaid Land
WildIsland
Welcome To... Chichester OVN : The Beach
Virus Kombat
oldbI tyt
aMAZE Dark Times
Achievement printer part 1
The last soldier
Пацанский цитатник / Russian Test

Just how bad would those 'games' have tp be? :whistle:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

That Epic list doesn't seem right. Cities Skylines today.
██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

Yeah, was just a rumor. Still, free games for the next 15 days.

FunkMonk

You can get Star Wars Squadrons for $14 on the Epic store because of the seasonal sale and the free $10 coupon.

I also bought Metro Exodus for $6  :cool:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

celedhring

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 19, 2020, 01:39:10 PM
You can get Star Wars Squadrons for $14 on the Epic store because of the seasonal sale and the free $10 coupon.

I also bought Metro Exodus for $6  :cool:

They sell games there? I thought it was just free stuff.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

Quote from: Solmyr on December 17, 2020, 02:20:05 PM
Yeah, was just a rumor. Still, free games for the next 15 days.

Thus far, pretty skippable.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.