News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

That is too bad.  I was thinking of getting it if it turned out to be a good bronze age game.

Josquius

Was Troy a popular film in China?
Some research and I note a lot of Chinese language material about. Guessing 3 kingdoms may have done well there.
██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

Quote from: Tyr on June 04, 2020, 03:07:04 AM
Some research and I note a lot of Chinese language material about. Guessing 3 kingdoms may have done well there.

But isn't the game heretical? China is one and undivided!

Iormlund

I liked the Achaeans' armor & helmets and seeing figure-of-8 shields. It's good to see they don't merely look like classical hoplites.

I'm not too sure there can be enough troop variety in such a game though. But I do think focusing on the heroes could make it more interesting.

Syt

https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality

QuoteWe live in a time of racial injustice, inequality, and police brutality against black people. We hope that everyone takes a stand in any way that they can. We've partnered with creators from all across our platform to support organizations that are working directly with those affected.

We reached out to our community and an unprecedented number of creators donated over 740 projects to be part of what we believe is the largest bundle ever. Over $3,400 of paid works are available Pay-what-you-want with a minimum donation amount of $5.

All proceeds will donated to the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund and Community Bail Fund split 50/50. 

Please note: No Steam (or other external keys) will be given for bundle purchases. Only direct downloads will be available on the itch.io page.

If you're looking for more ways to help try here: https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/

#blacklivesmatter

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

I was expecting to see Tonight We Riot in there and wasn't disappointed.  :lol:

Josquius

Quote from: Solmyr on June 04, 2020, 09:46:24 AM

Iirc stuff set in a historic period of division is OK so long as it presents this as a bad and unnatural thing and the heroes strive towards reunification.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: Tyr on June 06, 2020, 08:51:31 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on June 04, 2020, 09:46:24 AM

Iirc stuff set in a historic period of division is OK so long as it presents this as a bad and unnatural thing and the heroes strive towards reunification.

Yeah, I see that theme a lot in Chinese films set in ancient times. Also the "the good emperor is being tricked by evil advisors so all of this shit isn't his fault".

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on June 06, 2020, 09:01:46 AM
Yeah, I see that theme a lot in Chinese films set in ancient times. Also the "the good emperor is being tricked by evil advisors so all of this shit isn't his fault".
"The empire long united must divide, long divided must unite; this is how it has always been."
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 06, 2020, 10:15:54 AM
Quote from: celedhring on June 06, 2020, 09:01:46 AM
"The empire long united must divide, long divided must unite; this is how it has always been."

Manchu rule is only a temporary aberration.

Syt

Quote from: Syt on June 06, 2020, 08:31:44 AM
https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality

QuoteWe live in a time of racial injustice, inequality, and police brutality against black people. We hope that everyone takes a stand in any way that they can. We've partnered with creators from all across our platform to support organizations that are working directly with those affected.

We reached out to our community and an unprecedented number of creators donated over 740 projects to be part of what we believe is the largest bundle ever. Over $3,400 of paid works are available Pay-what-you-want with a minimum donation amount of $5.

All proceeds will donated to the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund and Community Bail Fund split 50/50. 

Please note: No Steam (or other external keys) will be given for bundle purchases. Only direct downloads will be available on the itch.io page.

If you're looking for more ways to help try here: https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/

#blacklivesmatter

They added to the package, so it's now well over 1,000 items. https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality

Includes some indie darlings like Night in the Woods, Nuclear Throne, Oxenfree, Astrologaster (a fun game about being a physician in 16th century London), Celeste, Minit, Walden, Hidden Folks, Death & Taxes, Octodad: Dadliest Catch, Heavy Bullets, The Real Texas, Paranautical Activity, or Silk, a tile based trading/RPG game set along the silk road in 200 AD oni which I had my eyes for a while: https://huey.itch.io/silk

The bundle also has some assorted nicknack, like RPG rulebooks, some soundtracks, some game making assets, but mostly it's a metric ton of indie games.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Gave it a go. Recommendations to try first?
██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

Eye of the Beholder trilogy is free on GOG.

Caliga

Steam Summer Sale went live a few hours ago.

Anyone here ever play Torment:  Tides of Numenara?  It's cheap now and I just beat D:OS2 so I need a new RPG to play.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

frunk

So I'm pulling the trigger on Stellaris.  Base game is 75% off.  If I bundle with the DLC I get those for 50% off.  Which should I go for?

Since I'm doing a space 4X jag I'll probably also get the 2016 Master of Orion for $10.  Worth it?