News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Liep on December 22, 2016, 05:02:14 PM
so is this one of the new boring steam sale that stays the same until the end?

Wasn't that the end result of them moving to that no fault return policy?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

sbr

Ancient Demon

Quote from: Syt on December 22, 2016, 04:40:14 AM
https://www.humblebundle.com/sierra-bundle-strikes-again

$15 gets you:

Space Quest Collection
Police Quest Collection
Quest for Glory Collection
King's Quest Collection
Gabriel Knight 1-3
Phantasmagoria 1-2
Arcanum
Caesar III + IV
Geometry Wars3: Dimensions Evolved
Velocity 2X
TimeShift
Shiftlings

for an extra $5 they throw in the new King's Quest game. The first Chapter of it got overall decent to good reviews, no idea if the rest is any good.

I'm not sure some of those games are easily playable on modern computers though.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Ancient Demon on December 22, 2016, 10:10:09 PM
I'm not sure some of those games are easily playable on modern computers though.

I expect they're a similar setup to what GOG does and has them bundled with DOSBox.
Experience bij!

Josquius

Steam version probably. That's usual with HB.
Once there was uplay  :x

I'm not big on GOG. Their version of dragon pass is a bitch to run.
██████
██████
██████

Alcibiades

I thought GOG is completely DRM free.   :huh:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

mongers

Quote from: Alcibiades on December 23, 2016, 12:32:35 PM
I thought GOG is completely DRM free.   :huh:

It is.

Also Steam is currently down, looks like 'everyone' is trying to buy in the Winter sale or is it Putin?  :ph34r:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

They're DRM free but not very well optimised for modern PCs.

Are we sure the steam sale prices are the same till the new year now?
I just got a bunch of auto mails from steam about wish list items on sale.  I'm sure one price is a little less.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Yeah, I too got a handful of steam emails today. Although I wouldn't know if the prices were cheaper than yesterday.

Liep

Must've changed, I'm sure FM17 wasn't on sale in the beginning. €41,24 is still too much though. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

Quote from: Liep on December 25, 2016, 07:32:01 AM
Must've changed, I'm sure FM17 wasn't on sale in the beginning. €41,24 is still too much though. :P
Physical version from Amazon is cheaper.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Quote from: Tyr on December 25, 2016, 07:41:57 AM
Quote from: Liep on December 25, 2016, 07:32:01 AM
Physical version from Amazon is cheaper.

What is this? 1998?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

My local videogame store sells Titanfall 2 cheaper than Origin, too  :hmm:

Syt

All Assassin Creed games and spin offs (except the last one and Black Flag, it seems) for $15: https://www.humblebundle.com/assassins-creed-bundle
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Anyone done humble monthly?
I notice xcom 2 for 12 dollaroos :hmm:
██████
██████
██████