News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Tyr on July 12, 2016, 04:32:29 AM
LA Noire seems to be up there with last year's fifa for being cheap in game shops around the land.

I played a bit into it. Questioning a Argentinian guy. But meh. Too much of a perfectionist.

I freely admit I played that one with a Gamefaqs walkthrough immediately at hand.  Never finished getting the movie reels, though... or driving the cars- dear god, that was a slog.
Experience bij!

celedhring

I ended up using a guide for interrogations too. I don't have much trouble with spotting the "tells", but the reasoning behind using some clues to prove they are lying is reeeeeeally far-fetched sometimes.

Ancient Demon

I just noticed Shadow of Mordor is 110% off on Steam, resulting in a negative price. ;)
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Ancient Demon

Quote from: Ancient Demon on August 04, 2016, 06:16:31 PM
I just noticed Shadow of Mordor is 110% off on Steam, resulting in a negative price. ;)

Upon further review, it's been removed from sale on it's store page, but it's still showing the negative price on the specials list.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

crazy canuck

When I click on it to add it to my cart it has the proper price even though the link shows the negative price.

Grey Fox

Slitherine & Matrix are having a sale! 30% off with a coupon code.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Humble Bundle looks good. Been meaning to get Tharsis. Space Engineers looks interesting too
██████
██████
██████

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Tyr on August 10, 2016, 10:32:07 AM
Humble Bundle looks good. Been meaning to get Tharsis. Space Engineers looks interesting too

It's awesome, but Beware of ClangTM.  Especially in multiplayer, nearly every point of articulation can be an explosion (destroying hours' worth of work) waiting to happen.  Rotors and pistons should be used with extreme caution.

Of course, sometimes Clang is absolutely hilarious.  Oh, and stay away from planets if you're not running a very high-end computer.  Pretty much nobody gets good framerates there.
Experience bij!

Caliga

Witcher 3 is 50% off on Steam ATM.

I'm thinking about getting it, but I'm worried I won't like the combat mechanics.  I didn't like them in the first Witcher and hated them so much in the second I couldn't play it beyond the tutorial arena fight thing.

I love the setting and I hear from most people the third one is amazing overall, but is it remotely playable on a PC if you don't have a controller and aren't interested in memorizing keypad combos and shit?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tamas

Quote from: Caliga on August 24, 2016, 09:19:45 AM

I'm thinking about getting it, but I'm worried I won't like the combat mechanics.  I didn't like them in the first Witcher and hated them so much in the second I couldn't play it beyond the tutorial arena fight thing.

I love the setting and I hear from most people the third one is amazing overall, but is it remotely playable on a PC if you don't have a controller and aren't interested in memorizing keypad combos and shit?

I felt exactly like you about the combat in the first two, but I rather enjoyed it in number 3. With a controller, mind you.

Josquius

I did love witcher 1. 2 was lacking.
Have a feeling I should go back and play 2 on the other path before playing 3.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: Tamas on August 24, 2016, 09:57:57 AM
Quote from: Caliga on August 24, 2016, 09:19:45 AM

I felt exactly like you about the combat in the first two, but I rather enjoyed it in number 3. With a controller, mind you.

Gotta agree with you both. The combat system was the sole thing getting in the way of my enjoyment of the two first Witcher games. I still loved them, mind, but not when I had to fight stuff.

Caliga

garbon

Steam having p'dox sale weekend. Mare Nostrum for EU4 is now 1/3rd off.

For the Glory makes the sale again. I'm amazed it still has buyers, if recency of reviews are any indication. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on September 01, 2016, 03:32:51 PM
Steam having p'dox sale weekend. Mare Nostrum for EU4 is now 1/3rd off.

For the Glory makes the sale again. I'm amazed it still has buyers, if recency of reviews are any indication. :D
Is Mare Nostrum worth it?  IIRC almost all of the new features were included in the free patch?