Argentina launches naval campaign to isolate Falkland Islands

Started by jimmy olsen, December 06, 2011, 02:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnchorClanker

Quote from: KRonn on December 06, 2011, 06:22:25 PM
Can't blame the Argies... Falklands being such an important, strategic sheep raising locale.

Is there any oil in the Falklands??   :hmm:

Yeah, there's been talk of that recently.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 06, 2011, 07:23:24 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 06, 2011, 06:23:36 PM
We can use Argentinians as biofuel.
No blood for greasy spic biofuel. Use Ohio corn instead.
Biofuel is stupid, and you're a terrible person for advocating it.

The supply of petroleum is perfectly adequate if the world's population was reduced to a stable fifty million.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on December 06, 2011, 07:44:33 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 06, 2011, 07:23:24 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 06, 2011, 06:23:36 PM
We can use Argentinians as biofuel.
No blood for greasy spic biofuel. Use Ohio corn instead.
Biofuel is stupid, and you're a terrible person for advocating it.

Terribly...profitable. $$  :menace:

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josquius

Quote from: KRonn on December 06, 2011, 06:22:25 PM
Can't blame the Argies... Falklands being such an important, strategic sheep raising locale.

Is there any oil in the Falklands??   :hmm:  
Yes, which the Argentinians refused to share thus delaying exploration until very recently when the Brits said "oh screw it, if they don't want freebies then so be it" and started work.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

The Brits certainly have a habit of sticking around in countries they don't belong in.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

By the way, I thought I'd read that Argentinian military capabilities had decayed even more than Britain's since the 80s, can they actually really do much more than this?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 06, 2011, 09:18:23 PM
By the way, I thought I'd read that Argentinian military capabilities had decayed even more than Britain's since the 80s, can they actually really do much more than this?

Doesn't matter.  They don't have to go as far. 

Ed Anger

Playing the war in Harpoon (the miniatures one, not the PC shit) was a blast.

Razgovory

Well if they have a go at this time, hopefully the Argentines will remember to flick the "on" switch to their Exocets before shooting them off.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 06, 2011, 09:34:32 PM

Did you ever get the South American War supplement?

Not only is it a great supplement for the mini system, but a fantastic overall read on the conflict in general.

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on December 06, 2011, 09:37:29 PM
Well if they have a go at this time, hopefully the Argentines will remember to flick the "on" switch to their Exocets before shooting them off.

I thought they performed very well with those *, it was the iron bombs ** they had trouble with.

* because they had french technicians helping them, allegedly.

** couldn't be arsed to read the two page vietnam era bomb arming instructions, urban myth.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 06, 2011, 09:39:51 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 06, 2011, 09:34:32 PM

Did you ever get the South American War supplement?

Not only is it a great supplement for the mini system, but a fantastic overall read on the conflict in general.

The old GDW one.

I raped the rules holes in that one.

Me:Can I stage those trainers through the falklands?
Them: *looks* I guess it is okay.
Me:  :menace: *bombs the Brits with trainers with small bombs*
Me: BWHAHAHAHAHA!