News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Is Facebook Worth $100 Billion?

Started by garbon, December 02, 2011, 08:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on December 03, 2011, 09:56:48 PM
People send money to Facebook for advertising and to buy virtual goods.

Not enough to justify the current valuation.

What kinds of virtual goods can you buy on Facebook?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jacob on December 03, 2011, 09:46:34 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 03, 2011, 08:24:55 PM
I bought a Liberator shape from a ad.

Go look it up.

Did you get the model with the built in cuffs?
Blondes are evil

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 03, 2011, 09:59:35 PM
Quote from: Jacob on December 03, 2011, 09:56:48 PM
People send money to Facebook for advertising and to buy virtual goods.

What kinds of virtual goods can you buy on Facebook?

Tanks, dresses, bat guano, land, magic potions; it depends on the game you're playing.

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 03, 2011, 09:59:35 PM

Agreed. I'm very suspicious of multiples that crazy, as you know. There are way too many things to invest in with good multiples to be risking anything on these outrageous valuations.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ideologue

Quote from: fahdiz on December 05, 2011, 01:03:36 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 02, 2011, 09:02:25 PM
The fuck does the guy have against Cracker Barrel?

They hate gays.

Really?  That sucks.

But if I talked shit about every company I think does something morally abhorrent, I wouldn't be done before the sun swallowed this rotten planet; if I boycotted every company I think does something morally abhorrent, I'd probably be dead by next month.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

fhdz

Quote from: Ideologue on December 05, 2011, 01:44:18 PM
Really?  That sucks.

But if I talked shit about every company I think does something morally abhorrent, I wouldn't be done before the sun swallowed this rotten planet; if I boycotted every company I think does something morally abhorrent, I'd probably be dead by next month.

Yeah. Probably the most pragmatic tack is to find fewer things morally abhorrent.

Ideologue

The most pragmatic tack would be to exchange money for their goods and services, but complain about them anyway.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

fhdz

Quote from: Ideologue on December 05, 2011, 02:25:24 PM
The most pragmatic tack would be to exchange money for their goods and services, but complain about them anyway.

No, complaint takes effort, even if it's minimal.

Ideologue

I think you minimize the effort required to change one's moral beliefs, Karma Chameleon.

Anyway, I applied for a job at a Cracker Barrel.  I don't think it involves hitting homosexuals with truncheons.  I'll ask if I get an interview.
Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on December 05, 2011, 05:12:06 PM
I think you minimize the effort required to change one's moral beliefs, Karma Chameleon.

Anyway, I applied for a job at a Cracker Barrel.  I don't think it involves hitting homosexuals with truncheons.  I'll ask if I get an interview.

Chick Fil A doesn't like the gays either.  Plus you'll get sunday off.

fhdz

I think the issue was that they had some discriminatory hiring policies. So as long as you don't appear to be gay you should be fine.

fhdz

garbon

Quote from: fahdiz on December 05, 2011, 05:15:36 PM

I think the issue was that they had some discriminatory hiring policies. So as long as you don't appear to be gay you should be fine.

Do I appear gay?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: garbon on December 05, 2011, 05:17:32 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on December 05, 2011, 05:15:36 PM

Do I appear gay?

You appear fabulous.