Israeli Jews to American Jews: "You're bad jews"

Started by HVC, December 02, 2011, 11:55:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on December 02, 2011, 09:03:27 PMI thought the French were the main backers of the Israelis until the 1967 war.
French and the Soviets were very friendly to Israel until the late 50s early 60s.  The USSR saw Nasser as too much of an opportunity to miss up and after Algeria the French felt they'd little to gain or in common with Israel.  I think US support picks up at roughly the same point.  LBJ again but also the US had lost Nasser so little need to balance the sides any more.

QuoteUS was the first country to recognize Israel.
You've said this before but it's not really true.  US and USSR offered de facto recognition at around the same time, but the first country to legally recognise Israel was the USSR, followed by the rest of the Eastern Bloc.  The US didn't legally recognise them until after their first elections.  Israel's the only country I can think of that pulled off having such close relations with the two super-powers at the height of the early Cold War.
Let's bomb Russia!

fhdz

Quote from: Razgovory on December 02, 2011, 08:38:28 PM
I made a statement, you called it false, and I responded in a way that I thought funny and indicative that I didn't really care about discussing it

Then carefully, casually, take your statement and place it into your ass.
and the horse you rode in on

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017