Israeli Jews to American Jews: "You're bad jews"

Started by HVC, December 02, 2011, 11:55:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fhdz

Quote from: Razgovory on December 02, 2011, 07:17:35 PM
Oh?  I have alternative theory:  Fahdiz doesn't know what he's talking about.  I think it's a very robust theory with bright future.  What do you think.

I think you're upset that I called your shit out earlier and are trying to pick a fight. I think my concern in this particular case is with your data, not with you.

I also think Christian Zionism comes out of a restorationist movement in the 19th century, picked up serious steam during and after WWII (and thus Israel's establishment) and has remained a considerable political lobby in the US especially ever since.

But please. If you do know what you're talking about in contrast to me :rolleyes:, give the date of this "new" movement's beginning.
and the horse you rode in on

Razgovory

After the foundation of Israel.  Yeah, there were a few people who discussed the idea of Jews returning to Israel in the 19th century, but it couldn't really be a movement.  Most Evangelicals had little use for Jews prior to 1947 one way or another.  Hell, half of them thought Jews were crypto-communists.

What shit did you call out earlier anyway?  The term limit thingy? I stand by that.  Actually, I wasn't picking a fight.  I don't even feel like debating this.  I made a statement, you called it false, and I responded in a way that I thought funny and indicative that I didn't really care about discussing it (though I sarcastically asked what you thought of my theory).  Ide thought it funny as well, so at least I was partly successful.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

I don't feel like debating today.  Just being mildly insulting.  Just came back from the Chinese restaurant.  I do love the taste of cat.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on December 02, 2011, 07:12:34 PM
The Evangelical Zionists is a new phenomenon.  When Truman supported the Israelis it wasn't because of Evangelical Christians.

I thought the French were the main backers of the Israelis until the 1967 war.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on December 02, 2011, 09:03:27 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 02, 2011, 07:12:34 PM
The Evangelical Zionists is a new phenomenon.  When Truman supported the Israelis it wasn't because of Evangelical Christians.

I thought the French were the main backers of the Israelis until the 1967 war.

US was the first country to recognize Israel.  They did so with in half an hour I think.  When Truman was in the hat business his partner was a Jew, so he had come to like Jews as a whole.  Imagine how different history had been had Truman went into the Turban business.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on December 02, 2011, 09:14:06 PM
US was the first country to recognize Israel.  They did so with in half an hour I think.  When Truman was in the hat business his partner was a Jew, so he had come to like Jews as a whole.  Imagine how different history had been had Truman went into the Turban business.

Well that and he was a leftist and leftists tended to be pro-Israel back then.  But really it was not like the Jews were just going to pack up and go home (after all...they had no home) if the US had not recognized them.  The place would still be a disaster zone it would just be a disaster zone with slightly different details, so history probably would not be that different.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Razgovory

If they had forced the Jews back home we would have let them ride the Germans like horses.  They could eat as many as they catch.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on December 02, 2011, 09:34:20 PM
If they had forced the Jews back home we would have let them ride the Germans like horses.  They could eat as many as they catch.

Yeah because they were all from Germany.

Razgovory

Incidentally, I had my meds changed today.  I'm wondering if by some of the reactions I'm getting if I'm a little different the usual.

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on December 02, 2011, 09:35:36 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 02, 2011, 09:34:20 PM

Yeah because they were all from Germany.

Well, we couldn't very well let them go to Poland.

Neil

Jewish votes are irrelevant.  Jewish money is not.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?