News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Help me choose a phone

Started by crazy canuck, November 04, 2011, 01:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

The 4s only has a better camera and speech rec, doesn't it?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Quote from: HVC on November 29, 2011, 05:07:37 PM

Pretty much.  There is some kind of voice activated system on the 4s which is nice I suppose.

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on November 29, 2011, 05:07:37 PM

"only"? :yeahright:

It also has a much stronger processor (same one as iPad2).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Unless CC plans on needing more detailed phone pictures the 4's camera is more then enough. As for the processor are there even games out there that need it? And even if there was I don't see him playing them.  For calls and the Internet it's unnecessary. You did good CC :) also, FaceTime is pretty cool.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on November 04, 2011, 03:25:39 PM
Like I said - Windows Phone might be an interesting option down the road.  But today it's probably a bad bet unless there is some specific feature you really like about it. 

I think WP7 is a pretty safe bet right now.  MS is *very* committed to developing the platform and for many things, it's already "there".  It has by far the most innovative interface of any mobile OS, the best Exchange support for email, calendar, tasks, etc., best office apps, Zune music/video and Xbox Live.

I can't give up Android just yet because the freedom of a rooted Android device is just too addictive.  My ideal phone would dual-boot Android and WP7 :)

MS has a cool WP7 web demo you can do with your iOS or Android device.  Just go to this URL on your mobile browser: http://aka.ms/wpdemo

QuoteYou mentioned early Android phones - well from what I read early Android phones weren't very good, and didn't allow you to upgrade to the latest version of Android for the most part.

Android phones are better than they used to be, but the first generation wasn't bad.  And I wouldn't say OS version compatibility was any worse than it was/is for early iPhones.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son