HR rant: "You are too stupid to get a job, even in banking"

Started by The Larch, December 13, 2011, 08:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Jaron on December 23, 2011, 11:30:59 AM
I did an interview on Friday and when we asked the guy if he had any previous experience working with and learning software he went on at length about his successful campaigns of Lord of the Rings, and how at first it was his fault the group kept failing, but eventually he led them to success.

I wasn't sure if he was serious or not, but I noticed he was wearing tennis shoes, and I asked him about that and he said he didn't have anything nicer, and that his wife had made him quit video games and go back to school and get a job.

I feel sorry for him, but I decided to be merciless and not recommend a second interview. :P
I've interviewed a few people like that.

CANDIDATE:  My hobbies include video gaming... I play this game called World of Warcraft, not sure if you've heard of that--
CAL:  GET.  OUT.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

Lol.  Good on you.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on December 23, 2011, 12:55:31 PM
Quote from: Jaron on December 23, 2011, 11:30:59 AM
I did an interview on Friday and when we asked the guy if he had any previous experience working with and learning software he went on at length about his successful campaigns of Lord of the Rings, and how at first it was his fault the group kept failing, but eventually he led them to success.

I wasn't sure if he was serious or not, but I noticed he was wearing tennis shoes, and I asked him about that and he said he didn't have anything nicer, and that his wife had made him quit video games and go back to school and get a job.

I feel sorry for him, but I decided to be merciless and not recommend a second interview. :P
I've interviewed a few people like that.

CANDIDATE:  My hobbies include video gaming... I play this game called World of Warcraft, not sure if you've heard of that--
CAL:  GET.  OUT.

I hate those. And people who who put their hobbies in their resumes.

I BUILD SHIPS IN BOTTLES!

<_<
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

It's really, really stupid to do that, yes.  I also dislike it when people insist on telling you personal shit in an interview.  I interviewed a guy two weeks ago who insisted on telling me he like to go hunting, fishing, and boating.  While I share his interests, I don't really care because I'm hiring a slave, not a friend. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 23, 2011, 01:18:25 PM
And people putting their photos in resumes. ACK.

katmai's novelty-sized resume must be a hoot.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

DGuller