News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What's your dream pet

Started by jimmy olsen, November 28, 2011, 11:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

No co-ed answer please. -_-

What animal would you like to own as a pet if money, time, space and all that jazz was not a problem. No fictional animals, no animals that went extinct before the 20th century.

I would like an Irish Wolfhound.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

fhdz

Short lifespan.

I wouldn't trade my current dog for any other dog, even when he is a pain in the ass.
and the horse you rode in on

Malthus

Our cat really is the perfect pet - she takes care of herself mostly, doesn't wreck our stuff, is affectionate and playful.

Only drawback is she enjoys playing Hannibal Lecter with the mice outside.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on November 28, 2011, 11:42:26 AM
Our cat really is the perfect pet - she takes care of herself mostly, doesn't wreck our stuff, is affectionate and playful.

:yeahright:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Viking

Tame Thylacene; they are just sooooo cute :wub:
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

I want 3. A slave girl, a dragon, and a dodo bird.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on November 28, 2011, 11:47:08 AM
Quote from: Malthus on November 28, 2011, 11:42:26 AM

:yeahright:

:lol:

Affectionate towards *me*, anyway. Others risk body parts. 
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

jimmy olsen

With your cabins in the woods and stuff you really need a larger pet than that Malthus.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 28, 2011, 11:56:05 AM
With your cabins in the woods and stuff you really need a larger pet than that Malthus.

When you have a kid you do not have time to bother with pets.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Anyways, I don't get why one would have a "dream pet".  Dream implies it is unattainable.  But since Tim has excluded the pets that are truly impossible, any remaining pet is fairly attainable.  Even some very exclusive dog breeds, or horses, cost an amount of money that is certainly possible if one really values a certain pet.

Thats a long way of saying that my two dogs and a cat are my dream pets, because they are the pets I wanted to get, and I have.  Why would I dream about a, say, Irish Setter, and not get one?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 28, 2011, 11:56:05 AM

A dog requires too much attention, it isn't a practical pet for someone who works at a professional type job full-time. My wife isn't as interested in pets and my son is too young to take care of one.

It isn't really fair to the dog to get one and not give it the attention it requires.

Sheilbh

One day I want a vizsla :)

I could possibly deal with another dog though :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Grey Fox

A world where I'm not allergic to dogs. That's what I dream about :(
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

HVC

My dad had a pet monkey so i always wanted a pet monkey... in theory. in reality i know they're a pain in the ass and i couldn't tolerate one. Beyond that i never wanted an exotic pet.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.