News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Syracuse molestation scandal blows up

Started by jimmy olsen, November 27, 2011, 02:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

It's still goofy nonsense at some US college that will have the usual retarded suspects weeping and gnashing their teeth.  It doesn't deserve its own thread.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

This story just keeps getting weirder.  :huh:

http://deadspin.com/5863908/

QuoteWhich Syracuse Basketball Players Had Sex With Laurie Fine?

One of the stranger aspects of that taped phone conversation between former ball boy Bobby Davis and accused molester Bernie Fine's wife, Laurie, is the apparent revelation that Davis had a sexual relationship with Laurie. He's not the only one—and there might be a sex tape to prove it, a media source tells us.

Another source says that at least one media outlet has evidence that Laurie, now 53, had sex with players on many of Jim Boeheim's squads. This was happening as early as 1982, a third source says. "It was a rite of passage for some to be with Bernie's wife," one of the sources says. As for the sex tape, it apparently features Laurie and another player, and it's been shopped around for years.

If any of Laurie's conquests decide to go public, it would be very bad for the Fines—and it could very well mean the end of Boeheim's time at Syracuse. After all, this stuff would've happened on his watch.

Those of you who'd like to share details about Laurie Fine's relationships can reach out to us at [email protected] with "Laurie Fine" in the subject line. Anonymity guaranteed. Unless your name is Derrick Coleman.

1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

Husband-and-wife tag team pedophilia?  Yeah, that's a twist.

Admiral Yi

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

CountDeMoney

Meanwhile, on page 14...

QuoteBernie Fine accuser recants, says he made up story

One of the three men who accused former Syracuse assistant basketball coach Bernie Fine of molesting them now says his story was a fabrication.

Zach Tomaselli wrote in an email to CNY Central late Thursday night that he made false statements at the direction of fellow Fine accuser Bobby Davis, a former Syracuse ball boy.

"It has become a burden of a lie and I am sick of it. Bobby Davis told me what to tell detectives and it pretty much took off from there. The evidence that supports me is just pure luck, not real evidence. I made the ENTIRE thing up. I have never met Bernie in my life," Tomaselli wrote, according to CNY Central.

Tomaselli's is the only case among the three that falls within the statute of limitations. The U.S. attorney's office is investigating his claim that Fine molested him in 2002 in Pittsburgh. Fine, who was fired, has denied the accusations.

According to CNY Central, Tomaselli said he lied about Fine because Syracuse beat his beloved Kansas Jayhawks in the 2003 NCAA championship game.

Tomaselli's credibility has been in question throughout the investigation. He has admitted doctoring emails from police and about his school attendance records and lying to reporters to bolster his claims against Fine.

He told CNY Central anchor Matt Mulcahy in a follow-up interview Thursday that he "can understand" why people might not believe his new claims.

On Wednesday, Tomaselli was sentenced to three years and three months in prison for sexually abusing a boy in Maine.

Tomaselli, 23, pleaded guilty in December to gross sexual assault, unlawful sexual contact and two other sex-related counts, while seven other counts were dropped. The plea bargain called for a 12-year sentence, but the amount of time served was capped at three years and three months.

At Wednesday's hearing in Androscoggin County Superior Court, Tomaselli accepted responsibility and apologized to the victim, who attended a camp where Tomaselli was a counselor. The boy was 13 and 14 at the time at the time of the sexual abuse.

Tomaselli told Justice Robert Clifford he was using drugs and was angry because he was sexually abused and his abusers weren't brought to justice.

"I let my past manifest itself into my actions instead of thinking about what I was doing," he said.

Tomaselli grew up outside Watertown, N.Y, before moving to Maine to live with his grandmother in Lewiston. After counseling, Tomaselli said he understands that he'd groomed the boy for a sexual relationship, and he has said he intends to get additional help.

Last Nov. 17, Davis and his stepbrother Michael Lang publicly accused Fine of sexually abusing them when they were team ball boys in the 1980s. Police can't investigate those claims because they happened too long ago.

Ten days later, Tomaselli came forward to say Fine touched him "multiple times" in a hotel room in Pittsburgh when the team played there.

In his email to CNY Central, Tomaselli said Davis knew Tomaselli was lying when he said he couldn't recall if Fine had a swimming pool in his home. The station had no response from Davis.

Syracuse head basketball coach Jim Boeheim called Davis an opportunistic liar shortly after the allegations came out. Davis and Lang responded by suing Boeheim for defamation. Boeheim and his lawyers on Wednesday asked a judge to dismiss the suit.

Boeheim said last year that Davis was looking to cash in on the publicity surrounding the Penn State sex abuse scandal. Boeheim later apologized amid criticism from victims' rights advocates.

The motion to dismiss the lawsuit is set to be argued April 27.

Ed Anger

Timmay should repent for his rush to judgement.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney