Yes!
38 (74.5%)
NO!
13 (25.5%)
I'm too stupid to know!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Razgovory

Inspired by a recent thread.   Just out of curiosity.  My parents did, but very rarely.  I wasn't one to cause a lot of problems and not past 10 at the very latest.  I mostly remember them mother spanking my brother.  He always got into trouble.  Still it didn't happen often, and not ever past the time he was out of elementary school.  I don't think it ever happened to my little sister.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

And in classic form, I probably spelled something wrong but don't know it yet.  Ah well. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

MadImmortalMan

I lived in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt.

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Oh so that was you in that tank.  I always wondered what the racket was.

crazy canuck

MIM got to eat the crust.  Luxury!  I would dream of getting the crust.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martim Silva

Well WE had it tough. There were 150 of us in my family and we lived in a shoebox in the middle of the road. I had to get up out of it at twelve o'clock at night, and LICK the road clean with our tongues. We had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when we got home, our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife.

DGuller

Quote from: Martim Silva on November 23, 2011, 10:00:27 PM
Well WE had it tough. There were 150 of us in my family and we lived in a shoebox in the middle of the road. I had to get up out of it at twelve o'clock at night, and LICK the road clean with our tongues. We had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when we got home, our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife.
:yeahright:

Monoriu

Yes.  Every day, my parents would check my school stationary.  If a pencil went missing, I would be spanked. 

ulmont

Quote from: DGuller on November 23, 2011, 10:08:23 PM
Quote from: Martim Silva on November 23, 2011, 10:00:27 PM
:yeahright:

...same skit.

Razgovory

I'm curious if anyone here is serious.  The Poll results do show that several of you were physically punished in your younger years.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on November 23, 2011, 11:01:43 PM
I'm curious if anyone here is serious.

QuotePosted by: Monoriu 
Yes.  Every day, my parents would check my school stationary.  If a pencil went missing, I would be spanked.   
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

I am serious.

Edit: oh and, my parents don't belong to the 99%.  They can buy truckloads of pencils :lol:

Sheilbh

I was smacked as a child.  I think it's healthy, every kid should be slapped by their mum or dad at least once.  Otherwise they'll grow up like Martinus :( :P
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Of course I wasn't.

CP is great in a sexual context. Parents are not.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.