Texas Judge belts teenage daughter on camera for using internet for illegal DLs

Started by Syt, November 23, 2011, 03:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

Quote from: Razgovory on November 23, 2011, 05:06:23 PM
Quote from: Siege on November 23, 2011, 05:05:12 PM
Old news.

Will you beat your child?

Not in anger, and not too hard or for too long.

I'm a softy at hard. More likely I'm gonna make him do push ups.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on November 23, 2011, 03:53:54 PM
That is disturbing.

I don't have a problem with corporal punishment in theory, but this is why I won't do it in practice (although my son sometimes makes me think that was a mistake). He isn't punishing her, he is beating her because he is mad she won't do what he says. His motivation is not correcting behavior, but just giving into his own temper.

Been on the other end of that a lot. Won't put myself into a position to be on the end with the belt.

Yeah that's the difficulty with corporeal punishment. One needs to make sure that it isn't just being done out of anger/frustration.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on November 23, 2011, 05:04:31 PM
I don't think I was ever spanked beyond the age of 8 or so.

I think I was once or twice. It was a bit mortifying, yet still made me wonder how I'd dreaded them so much as a younger child. I was happy enough to escape being grounded though.

At 16 and with a skinny belt like that, I suspect those are tears of wounded pride rather than pain.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on November 23, 2011, 05:20:19 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 23, 2011, 05:18:27 PM
Bleeding heart.  You'll never make a good Conservative.

As good as a jew can be.

Good Jews don't side with Conservatives.  They wisely don't trust people who 60 years ago would have lynched them.  Who today decorate their walls with the portraits of anti-semites and still push antisemitic works on TV and Radio as Glenn Beck has done.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on November 23, 2011, 07:36:48 PM
As good as a jew can be.
Good Jews don't side with Conservatives.  They wisely don't trust people who 60 years ago would have lynched them.  Who today decorate their walls with the portraits of anti-semites and still push antisemitic works on TV and Radio as Glenn Beck has done.
Siege is an Israeli, and so he can't side with people who would stand by while the Iranians and Palestinians nuke Israel.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Jew lynching?  That's a new one to me.

Raz, were you aware that the CSA had a Jewish cabinet member?

Razgovory

Razgovory

Oh and this one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippi_civil_rights_worker_murders

And a decade and half later Reagan gave a speech at the county of these murders going on about states rights.  In fact it was the first speech he gave he got the GOP nomination in 1980.  He gave it on the advice of a Mississippi committeeman to secure the "George Wallace" vote.

Berkut

Quote from: garbon on November 23, 2011, 05:22:30 PM
Quote from: Berkut on November 23, 2011, 03:53:54 PM
That is disturbing.

I don't have a problem with corporal punishment in theory, but this is why I won't do it in practice (although my son sometimes makes me think that was a mistake). He isn't punishing her, he is beating her because he is mad she won't do what he says. His motivation is not correcting behavior, but just giving into his own temper.

Been on the other end of that a lot. Won't put myself into a position to be on the end with the belt.

Yeah that's the difficulty with corporeal punishment. One needs to make sure that it isn't just being done out of anger/frustration.

I think I get angry and frustrated with my kids now - hell, I know I do. I try not to let my anger drive my punishment, but if I do slip, I don't want it to ever be a slip of beating the shit out of my kids.

I just don't understand that - why would anyone want to hurt their kids?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Razgovory

I dunno why people do a lot of things.  Some people have poor impulse control I suppose.  Some people are simply cruel.  Some don't care what they do to people.  A quick spank for a small child isn't a big problem to me, but a sixteen year old girl?  That's a little old.  Fuck, when I was 16 I was stronger then my dad.  I imagine that's not uncommon.

Habbaku

Quote from: Razgovory on November 23, 2011, 07:36:48 PM

As good as a jew can be.

Were there a lot of Jew lynchings 60 years ago that I missed?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien