News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Step Aside Barack

Started by garbon, November 23, 2011, 10:18:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on November 23, 2011, 11:08:41 AM
I think every party likes to believe itself willing to compromise. Doesn't make it true.

That may be generally true, but the Republicans in the House and Senate* have seemed very proud of their written pledge not to compromise.

I think that they believe that it makes them look strong, rather than making them look like willing stooges of a Washington lobbyist.

*except the ones, if any, that refused to sign up for Grover Nysquist's pledge of non-compromise on raising taxes.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on November 23, 2011, 10:28:52 AM
Quote from: garbon on November 23, 2011, 10:25:36 AM
I'm a Republican. :)

And how have you responded when we reach out to you?

I'd like to reach out to gay fox with a can of bear mace.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: DGuller on November 23, 2011, 11:11:59 AM
This article is just  :lol:.  Of course, WSJ editorials have been notorious for original interpretations of reality even long before William Randolph Hearst bought it.

It's not them. This is a reprint. The guy who wrote this is releasing a book on politics about hyper-partisanism or something like that, and this is a good way to make headlines and get on talk shows.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 23, 2011, 11:52:04 AM

I'd like to reach out to you with a can of cheez wiz.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 23, 2011, 12:23:24 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 23, 2011, 11:52:04 AM

I'd like to reach out to you with a can of cheez wiz.

Kinky...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Viking

I don't think that Obama should even think about stepping aside while the Republican Candidates are suitably Batshit. I still don't know which Republican candidate is supposed to beat him?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

Quote from: Viking on November 23, 2011, 12:33:42 PM
I don't think that Obama should even think about stepping aside while the Republican Candidates are suitably Batshit. I still don't know which Republican candidate is supposed to beat him?

Haven't they shown Romney currently winning in a match up?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 23, 2011, 10:24:22 AM
:lol:

You can't reach out to the Republicans, it's a lost cause.

You used to deny it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Yeah this. I don't think he is the best theoretically possible candidate to deal with the sinkage of of US politics into 3rd world standards, but looking from here he appears to be way better at anything than the ridicioulous lineup of the GOP.

Except for Ron Paul of course. Ron Paul for Prez! :wub:

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on November 23, 2011, 01:11:53 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 23, 2011, 10:24:22 AM
:lol:

You can't reach out to the Republicans, it's a lost cause.

You used to deny it.

Before I moved to New York, I was a registered democrat. :contract:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

Quote from: garbon on November 23, 2011, 12:48:44 PM

Well, no

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/general_election_romney_vs_obama-1171.html

Obama seems to win most polls against Romney, and that is before the Republican At(ea)tack dogs go after Romney.

BTW, when googling "obama vs romney" google suggested "obama vs zombies"

http://www.flashgames247.com/play/13969.html

if anything this looks just like the republican debates

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

Quote from: Viking on November 23, 2011, 01:42:38 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 23, 2011, 12:48:44 PM

Well, no

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/general_election_romney_vs_obama-1171.html

Obama seems to win most polls against Romney, and that is before the Republican At(ea)tack dogs go after Romney.

I did a search on google and many places are showing some level of parity between the two. With at different points in time - Mitt actually being a head.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on November 23, 2011, 01:20:18 PM
I'm a registered Republican. :contract:

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on November 23, 2011, 01:50:05 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 23, 2011, 01:20:18 PM
I'm a registered Republican. :contract:

when garbon and DGuller are republicans one must come to the conclusion that Obama's fucked...