"Soup Kitchens and Tent Cities" ---Der Spiegel goes insane

Started by MadImmortalMan, April 27, 2009, 02:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

QuoteCompassion is good for TV ratings, as talk show host Oprah Winfrey demonstrated recently when she drew her viewers' attention to the Sacramento tent city. Oprah's publicity was embarrassing for Sacramento and its mayor, Kevin Johnson, and the tent city was cleared by the city last week. Johnson said that Sacramento would spend some $1 million on finding alternative shelter for those in the camp and providing more permanent housing.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sure, "alternative shelter". We know you Americans! You just borrow Israeli bulldozers and flatten the tent camp and then you send them to Guantanamo! We're on to you!

Alatriste

Quote from: Norgy on April 28, 2009, 03:34:05 AM
QuoteCompassion is good for TV ratings, as talk show host Oprah Winfrey demonstrated recently when she drew her viewers' attention to the Sacramento tent city. Oprah's publicity was embarrassing for Sacramento and its mayor, Kevin Johnson, and the tent city was cleared by the city last week. Johnson said that Sacramento would spend some $1 million on finding alternative shelter for those in the camp and providing more permanent housing.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sure, "alternative shelter". We know you Americans! You just borrow Israeli bulldozers and flatten the tent camp and then you send them to Guantanamo! We're on to you!

Sending flattened tents to Guantánamo? The UN should intervene at once!

saskganesh

I have  a hard time believing a crack dealer's multiple woes are the fault of the recession.
humans were created in their own image

saskganesh

Quote from: mongers on April 28, 2009, 07:51:52 AM
Quote from: saskganesh on April 28, 2009, 07:29:43 AM
I have  a hard time believing a crack dealer's multiple woes are the fault of the recession.

Well, its symptomatic of the death of unfettered hyper-capitalism.  :bowler:

my indicators are that blackmarket prices are rising. this is most likely due to increased demand and maybe higher production costs. a capitalist should be able to adjust.
humans were created in their own image

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive