Started by jimmy olsen, November 21, 2011, 09:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 21, 2011, 09:39:25 AM
Quote from: Faeelin on November 21, 2011, 09:29:43 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 21, 2011, 09:22:02 AM
Shocking! Fucking no compromise morons. <_<

Dems of Repubs?
Republicans. The Dems have offered big slashes in spending several times in the last few years in return for tax increases.

I disagree. The Dems are the ones that do not want to compromise.
They will not compromise, because the idea is that Obama, since he cannot compete agains the Tea Party, runs against "That congress that cannot compromise and does not have the willingness to act and solve our economic problems".

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

That doesn't even make sense.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Siege

Why have you guys become so Lefty?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on November 21, 2011, 07:47:07 PM
I can't teach you everything grasshopper.

I understand that in your own mind this line of dialogue seems really clever, but to me and I suspect others it just sounds like tired old bullshit without any point.

Razgovory

A poll from last year. 

http://www.gallup.com/poll/144359/democrats-republicans-differ-views-compromise.aspx

Republicans are less likely to desire compromise then Democrats.  The problem I think lies in the GOP voters.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 21, 2011, 07:56:17 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 21, 2011, 07:47:07 PM
I can't teach you everything grasshopper.

I understand that in your own mind this line of dialogue seems really clever, but to me and I suspect others it just sounds like tired old bullshit without any point.

Cause I explained it to your four times before.  I'm tired of it. 

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 21, 2011, 07:57:55 PM
ossum

You were the one keeping count.  Just go look through those old threads.  You keep making remarks that come strait out of the Conservative echo chamber.  Now while your faith in the GOP is admirable, most of us don't share these absurd presumptions so when you say the President has "Chutzpah" for blaming congress it comes off as silly, quaint and after a while annoying.

Ancient Demon

I'm very disappointed with both parties.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

DGuller

As a neutral and unbiased observer, I'm going to have to rule in Raz's favor.  Yi is known for attempting to tire out his opponents by getting them to repeat the same arguments again and again.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Razgovory on November 21, 2011, 07:56:39 PM
A poll from last year. 

http://www.gallup.com/poll/144359/democrats-republicans-differ-views-compromise.aspx

Republicans are less likely to desire compromise then Democrats.  The problem I think lies in the GOP voters.

There are some historical reasons for that. The Reagan and Bush I budget deals both ended up with the GOP later losing the parts they thought they had gained (spending cuts mostly). The trust is gone. That's why the BBA is such a big topic for them. They want a mechanism that forces their gains to be kept in place. Personally, I wonder how much of that ground they lost was Bush II's fault, but hey.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 21, 2011, 07:38:06 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 21, 2011, 07:30:15 PM
Yeah, but you never learn.

Learn what Raz?
You pretend to forget about Obama's offer and then act surprised when anyone ever brings it up.

I'm not an unbiased observer. I'm a member of the Republican party and have voted GOP in the last three elections.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 21, 2011, 08:08:03 PM

There are some historical reasons for that. The Reagan and Bush I budget deals both ended up with the GOP later losing the parts they thought they had gained (spending cuts mostly). The trust is gone. That's why the BBA is such a big topic for them. They want a mechanism that forces their gains to be kept in place. Personally, I wonder how much of that ground they lost was Bush II's fault, but hey.

I think it has to do with the way Conservatives have been portraying the world.  They keep portraying their opponents not as wrong, but evil.  The Democrats are not blunderers or incompetent, or out of touch bleeding hearts.  They're actively trying to destroy America.  You don't compromise with the devil.  You don't meet someone halfway who is trying to kill you.  This is why I think conservatives are likely to engage in violence.  If you are convinced that someone is going to kill you, striking out against them first is a rational decision.  So those who believe in Death Panels and other nonsense may find they have no choice but resort to violence.

Ancient Demon

Quote from: Razgovory on November 21, 2011, 08:18:30 PM

I think it has to do with the way Conservatives have been portraying the world.  They keep portraying their opponents not as wrong, but evil.  The Democrats are not blunderers or incompetent, or out of touch bleeding hearts.  They're actively trying to destroy America.  You don't compromise with the devil.  You don't meet someone halfway who is trying to kill you.  This is why I think conservatives are likely to engage in violence.  If you are convinced that someone is going to kill you, striking out against them first is a rational decision.  So those who believe in Death Panels and other nonsense may find they have no choice but resort to violence.

Yes, and that reminds me of this video from 2009: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5_x_-v-k9w

:lol:
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.