News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Connecting a TV

Started by Josquius, November 20, 2011, 08:29:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I've just got a new TV and have connected it to my computer with a HDMI lead. All is fine there, I know how to do this.
However....is there anyway to make it so my computer only counts the TV as being connected to it when I want it to short of every time I want to use it/stop using it going into the display settings and pressing a few things (or physically removing the lead).

What would be ideal would be a button that could just be pressed so the computer starts counting the TV as connected or not.
Is there any such little program?
██████
██████
██████

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Tyr on November 20, 2011, 08:29:10 AM
I've just got a new TV and have connected it to my computer with a HDMI lead. All is fine there, I know how to do this.
However....is there anyway to make it so my computer only counts the TV as being connected to it when I want it to short of every time I want to use it/stop using it going into the display settings and pressing a few things (or physically removing the lead).

What would be ideal would be a button that could just be pressed so the computer starts counting the TV as connected or not.
Is there any such little program?

If you're running Windows, you should be able to set your computer monitor as the default display in the Display control panel.

It sounds like Windows is picking up your TV as Display 1 and your actual monitor as Display 2.
Experience bij!

Josquius

Nah, my monitor is display 1 and my TV display 2, it counts my TV as always being display 2 and always being there though even when I'm watching TV and not using it with my computer. Which is kind of annoying, lets things dissapear off the edge of the screen if I:m not careful.
I`d like a situation where my TV doesn`t exist to my computer until a simple quick button is pressed- a way to quickly switch so it is monitor 1 or the sole monitor would be great too.
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Try Windows key + P, you should get something like:
Computer only;  Duplicate;  Extend; Monitor only.

Computer=display #1, Monitor=display #2.

I know it works with AMD cards, not sure about Nvidia.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.