And we're back!

Main Menu

Toxic Multiculti: Pt. 3

Started by Sheilbh, November 17, 2011, 08:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

QuoteMuslim Rangers fan Abdul Rafiq fined over bigot remarks

Abdul Rafiq Rafiq admitted shouting sectarian remarks

A Muslim Rangers supporter who chanted sectarian remarks at a game at Ibrox Stadium has been fined £600.

Abdul Rafiq, 41, the only Muslim member of the English Defence League, was arrested at Rangers friendly game with Chelsea on 6 August.

At Glasgow Sheriff Court he pleaded guilty to religiously aggravated breach of the peace by shouting, swearing and uttering sectarian remarks.

Sheriff John McCormick also imposed a five year football banning order.

The court heard that Rafiq, from Kelvinbridge, Glasgow, was heard shouting phrases which hit out at Catholics and the Pope.

'Sectarian phrases'

Fiscal depute Seana Doherty, prosecuting said: "The accused was standing in the Govan front stand wearing a flag around his shoulders bearing the Red Hand of Ulster logo.

"He was wearing an umbrella stand hat which was red white and blue and also had the Red Hand of Ulster logo on it, and carrying a blue Rangers backpack.

"He was seen by three police officers to stand up from the seat and chant sectarian phrases."

The court was told Rafiq was warned by the officers to stop but continued and was arrested.

Defence lawyer Ashley Kane told the court: "Mr Rafiq is a member of the English Defence League, as a result of his membership to this and him being the only Muslim member of the organisation he does stand out."

She said that he has been a Rangers fan for the majority of his life and has attended matches and sung songs.

Ms Kane added: "At the time of the offence he didn't believe that his actions were offending anyone."

She also said that if he had known he was offending anybody he would not have acted in that way.
Obviously this is a silly law.  Beyond that....words fail :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Fecking darkies, when will they ever learn to integrate?
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

There is a British version of The Onion?  I didn't even know that!

Great satire, in any case.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on November 17, 2011, 10:58:49 PM
There is a British version of The Onion?  I didn't even know that!

Great satire, in any case.

There's lots of them Daily Mail, the Sun, the Guardian...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Syt

Probably their token Muslim.

"See? We don't have anything against Muslims per se, only the extremists."

Kind of like Austrian right wing FPÖ said they get a lot of support from the "good" and "hard-working" foreigners who contribute to Austrian society.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Syt on November 18, 2011, 12:56:34 AM
Probably their token Muslim.

"See? We don't have anything against Muslims per se, only the extremists."

Kind of like Austrian right wing FPÖ said they get a lot of support from the "good" and "hard-working" foreigners who contribute to Austrian society.

How much does one get paid to be the minority member of a group like that?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 18, 2011, 12:57:57 AM
How much does one get paid to be the minority member of a group like that?  :hmm:

You get to fuck one really ugly white girl.

Razgovory

Valmy

Well that article sucked they never actually reported what he did.  He chanted some 'sectarian remarks'?

'Catholics are paedos?'  'Shi'ites are sado-masochist weirdos?'  I mean huh?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 17, 2011, 08:34:54 PM
Muslim Rangers fan Abdul Rafiq fined over bigot remarks

Abdul Rafiq Rafiq admitted shouting sectarian remarks

Obviously this is a silly law.  Beyond that....words fail :lol:

He looks exactly like a slightly browner version of Mr. Bean.  :huh:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Gups

Quote from: Valmy on November 18, 2011, 12:12:51 PM
Well that article sucked they never actually reported what he did.  He chanted some 'sectarian remarks'?

'Catholics are paedos?'  'Shi'ites are sado-masochist weirdos?'  I mean huh?

Probably a load of old crap about orange and King Billy.

http://www.orange-pages.tk/lyrics.htm

Gups

This is the most famous  one
Billy Boys to Marching Theough Georgia

Hullo, Hullo
We are the Billy Boys
Hullo, Hullo
You'll know us by our noise
We're up to our knees in fenian blood
Surrender or you'll die
For we are
The Brigton Derry Boys

There's also one that starts "The famine is over, why don't you go home".

Probably plenty more, I dunno. Jock football is so fifth rate.

Barrister

Quote from: Gups on November 18, 2011, 12:59:51 PM
This is the most famous  one
Billy Boys to Marching Theough Georgia

Hullo, Hullo
We are the Billy Boys
Hullo, Hullo
You'll know us by our noise
We're up to our knees in fenian blood
Surrender or you'll die
For we are
The Brigton Derry Boys

There's also one that starts "The famine is over, why don't you go home".

Probably plenty more, I dunno. Jock football is so fifth rate.

All of these kinds of teams and their supporters who seem to be stuck in the politics of 50 years ago - do their fans actually believe in this kind of stuff, or do they chant it merely because it's what they've always done?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.