Positive
9 (27.3%)
Negative
8 (24.2%)
Neutral
5 (15.2%)
You stupid Amerikkans and your stoopid sports no one cares about
9 (27.3%)
Will Jaron have to wear magic underpants?
2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Admiral Yi

I'm positive.  He's a great coach, players love him, his players are not thugs or illiterates, he did a great job with the Olympic team.  He gets intense during games, but the refs are free to T up anyone they feel is crossing the line and by and large they haven't handed many to K.  Students get loud and rowdy at games, but I haven't seen any behavior that would qualify as smug, assholehish or however else Throbby described it.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

crazy canuck

Positive.  He runs a great program AND he doesnt let bad refs get away with calling a bad game.

Berkut

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 17, 2011, 04:32:16 PM
I'm positive.  He's a great coach,

No question. But being great doesn't mean you aren't a douchebag. See his mentor Bob Knight.

Quoteplayers love him,

True.
his players are not thugs

Oh? Laetner stomping on another player is not thuglike?
or illiterates,

Racist!

he did a great job with the Olympic team.  He gets intense during games, but the refs are free to T up anyone they feel is crossing the line and by and large they haven't handed many to K.  Students get loud and rowdy at games, but I haven't seen any behavior that would qualify as smug, assholehish or however else Throbby described it.

Calling JR Reid stupid because he is black is not assholish?

{quote=SI]The Crazies earned their reputation in the '80s, when overweight opponents were pelted with Twinkies and those accused of sexual misconduct were showered with panties or condoms. Taunts such as "Safety school!" (toward Wake Forest) and "We're smart! You're dumb!" (at UNC) that play off Duke's academic standards continue to anger not only opponents but also many among the 4,000-plus students who don't attend games. Explains Mike Corey, sports editor of the student paper, The Chronicle, "Lots of students don't like the implicit condescension." [/quote]

The Crazies are most definitely rather well known for their smug and assholish behavior, although that really *isn't* one of the reasons I dislike Duke. Hell, a rowdy student section is to be desired, and I would rather have mine crossing the line rather than never skirting it.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

They said JR Reid was stupid *because* he's black?

I don't remember Laetner stomping anyone.  I remember that clean cut black guard breaking Montrose's face.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 17, 2011, 04:55:10 PM
I don't remember Laetner stomping anyone.  I remember that clean cut black guard breaking Montrose's face.

I remember Laetner hitting a shot with no time left in the Tournament.  Pure magic. 

Ed Anger

They said JR Reid was stupid *because* he's black?

I did, and it was glorious. Also, BRING BACK ALAA ABELNABY.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Scipio

I like Coach K, fucking hate Duke.

And anyone who went anywhere else that plays basketball should, on principle, hate Duke.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

sbr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AwYVTB2rZw

sbr

I hate Duke and Coach K.  No real reason other than they are successful and I have no reason to root for them.

Grey Fox

I like him because he annoys so many of you.

Anyway, I don't really like Nball.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

It may have been invented by a Canadian, but basketball does nothing for me. :mellow:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.