News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Americas Elect 2012 - the Not Party

Started by merithyn, November 17, 2011, 09:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Has anyone heard of this movement? What are the chances that it will continue and grow beyond 2012? I like the idea, but I question it's longevity.

http://www.americanselect.org/
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ideologue

I would put country before party.

This is a Shakespeare reference, right?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Fate

Josephus

We all know how well a president that doesn't have party support in Congress works.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Capetan Mihali

I'd rather elect a party than a president, really.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Ideologue on November 17, 2011, 12:49:58 PM
Which party? :shifty:

Let's just say it would enjoy the support of roughly 11% of Americans.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

Valmy

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on November 17, 2011, 12:51:36 PM

The Black Panther Party?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Valmy on November 17, 2011, 12:55:52 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on November 17, 2011, 12:51:36 PM

The Black Panther Party?

Hell yes. 

"If elected, I will introduce legislation designed to off the pigs.  Thank you ladies and gentlemen."  :swiss:

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

The Brain

Quote from: fahdiz on November 17, 2011, 01:11:53 PM
Communism is sooooooooo 20th century.

So is not championing the systematic use of torture. Point?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

Capetan Mihali

fhdz

Quote from: Ideologue on November 17, 2011, 01:24:50 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on November 17, 2011, 01:11:53 PM
Communism is sooooooooo 20th century.

So was a middle class.

There's still a middle class. It's in trouble, but it's there. Communism is one of those very modernist, very 20th-century throw-the-baby-out-with-the-bathwater kinds of solutions. It's an imaginary fix for a real set of problems, just like libertarianism. Communism is a pink unicorn shitting rainbows. It's an ass that fits comfortably on your head when you don't want to think about the messy business of possible solutions, compromises, and, you know, real life. I'm so sick of magical-kingdom economics on both ends of the spectrum. What a distraction from reality.
and the horse you rode in on