News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The demonization of pedophiles.

Started by Razgovory, November 16, 2011, 10:30:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

This isn't really a defense of pedophiles, just something I don't quite understand.  I posted something about this in another thread but felt it deserved it's own thread (in no small part because nobody replied).

Pedophiles claim they can't help it.  They are born that way.  Like people who claim to be gay.  Why is one abnormal outlet of sexuality which people are predisposed to by birth demonized and another tolerated and even celebrated?  Well the easy answer is one is illegal and the other is not.  But that seems artificial.  We could lower the age of consent to 10.  Would so doing make it acceptable?  People don't seem to be mad about pedophiles because they are breaking the law, but because what they are doing is repellant.  Even the age thing is kinda weird.  Here's a hypothetical scenario:

Grallon seduces a young boy.  He uses no force, just his immense physical presence and his natural loathsome charm.  The boy does so willingly.  The boy tells his parents and the police pick grallon up and he faces charges of sexually abusing a minor.  What grallon didn't know what that the previous day the same young boy took some of daddy's guns to school and shot up several teachers and students.  The boy is arrested shortly after grallon is.  The prosecution chooses to try the boy as an adult due to how heinous the crime is.

So is grallon guilty of statutory rape?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on November 16, 2011, 10:30:58 AM
Pedophiles claim they can't help it.  They are born that way.  Like people who claim to be gay.  Why is one abnormal outlet of sexuality which people are predisposed to by birth demonized and another tolerated and even celebrated?

:lol:

Cute Raz.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

Pedophiles are demonized because we consider minors unable to give meaningful consent.  I don't know that there's all that much more to it.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

It's because we hate childrens & are feeling guilty.

I read that in a BBC article that I cant find anymore.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Rasputin

Homos are celebrated because they: are more handsome than hetero men; love to shop for clothes (thereby sharing much in common with women); and like to sit around with women and talk about art,  girls who aren't present, share decorating tips and other gay girlie shit. Despite all of these innate competitive advantages, the homo thenselects himself right out of the competition for hot eager pussy.

I celebrate the homo because he opens the door for an ugly neanderthal like me to play above my league.

Conversely Pedos should be shot or castrated before they relapse with their compulsive behavior.
Who is John Galt?

Razgovory

Maximus

Quote from: dps on November 16, 2011, 10:37:30 AM
Pedophiles are demonized because we consider minors unable to give meaningful consent.  I don't know that there's all that much more to it.
Yea, one is consensual, the other is not. Now you can argue about what the age of consent should be. Most people would set it above 10 though.

Valmy

Quote from: Maximus on November 16, 2011, 10:54:02 AM
Quote from: dps on November 16, 2011, 10:37:30 AM
Yea, one is consensual, the other is not. Now you can argue about what the age of consent should be. Most people would set it above 10 though.

Yep.  Non-consensual sex is demonized for every flavor of sexuality.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

The Brain

I'm not sure what the mystery is, Raz.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Viking

Hmm.. did somebody here read the Explainer in Slate on how Are Child Molesters Really the Most Hated People in Prison?

The answer is, It's complicated; but sort of.

It's sort of how I was picked on in school not for having a banana sandwitch, but rather because I reacted to bullying badly. If I'm going to pick on a paedophile in prison I'm gonna justify that bullying with his paedophilia. The real reason is usually related to the fact that I can get away with picking on that paedophile. If you get sent to protective custody you can't build up that relationship with the Aryan Nation gang leader you are going to need to stay safe.

When I stopped reacting to bullys in school I stopped being picked on. It was very simple.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

I'd guess that snitches are more hated.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?