News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 11 - Hail Tebow!

Started by jimmy olsen, November 18, 2011, 12:17:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on November 21, 2011, 10:22:53 PM
No, I mean the mean the guy walking around in front of a giant scoreboard.

:hmm:  I must have missed that one when it was on tonight. 

QuoteI'm neutral on the baby.  At first, I thought they were funny, but constant repetition on any channel that they think that stupid middle-class men who might be conned out of their money in the stock market might be watching has not made my heart grow fonder.

Yeah, like three years ago or whenever they started with the baby puking on himself, it got a "heh" from me.  I've gotten to the point where I just can't stand them now.  Not quite to the going out to punch babies point, but ugh

These KC kick and punt returns made me wonder:  Whatever happened to Dante Hall?  THE HUMAN JOYSTICK!1!  Seems like he was there one year, running every other punt back for a TD, then he was just gone.

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 21, 2011, 10:31:16 PM
These KC kick and punt returns made me wonder:  Whatever happened to Dante Hall?  THE HUMAN JOYSTICK!1!  Seems like he was there one year, running every other punt back for a TD, then he was just gone.
His glory days were the mid-2000s, so he's pretty old for a guy whose main weapon was his speed.  I'm sure he's been out of football for a while.  You know how it is with those guys.  In a few years, we'll be asking ourselves what happened to Devin Hester.  When they slow down, they disappear.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 21, 2011, 11:34:49 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 20, 2011, 04:22:20 PM
Whew.

And Dalton? The kid is a fucking JDAM.

His GPS got screwed up on 3 plays, but yeah he threaded the needle at other times.  Hopefully he'll learn to read coverage better next year & his INTs will go down.  Bengals receivers did a good job yesterday, but AJ Green might've been a decisive difference had he played.

Ravens D-line showed up the Bengals pass-blocking yesterday in a big way at the end of the game.  They can block fine when Dalton does his usual 3-step drop because those are usually quick-release plays.  But in situations where he has to do a 5-step drop, they're pretty awful.  I don't care whose defense it is, if they only send 3 men from a 4-man defensive front, there's no excuse for allowing a sack.

And the NFL rule that negated the Gresham TD sucks balls.

Of the 3 INTS, I'd say the one to Jimmy Smith square on the numbers was the only was that was truly Dalton's fault.  Of the couple Bengals games I've seen, Dalton has been more than a pleasant surprise and will probably do better career-wise than the other QBs that were drafted ahead of him with the possible exception of Cam Newton, who is also the real deal.  And a Big XII quarterback. Who knew?
I was surprised that the Ravens generated a successful pass late in the game with 3 rushers, since they can't really do dick with 4.  Just showed that Dalton was seeing things in the secondary he couldn't do anything with.

And yeah, the Gresham TD was it-picking by the refs, but like Neil said, at least they're nitpicking consistently.

As far as I'm concerned, that was league karma for the Santonio Holmes the-ball-didn't-cross-the-plane-but-his-feet-did-so-it's-a-touchdown call from a couple years ago.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 21, 2011, 11:55:24 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 20, 2011, 04:22:20 PM
Whew.

And Dalton? The kid is a fucking JDAM.

That's what a young QB who can pass the football looks like.

Joe Flacco can pass the football.   :mad:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 21, 2011, 11:18:11 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 21, 2011, 05:41:12 AM
Quote from: katmai on November 21, 2011, 12:37:29 AM
Looking forward to Niners vs Ravens.

I'm not.

I am.  Should be a good old fashioned bareknuckled defensive brawl.  The first ever Harbaugh Bowl may disappoint casual NFL fans who are dazzled by high-scoring games.  Plus the Ravens might lose and marginally help the Bengals' long shot at winning the division.

edit: Now if the Ravens win, I hope they plow through their following 4 opponents & clinch home-field throughout, so that they won't have anything to play for in Week 17  ;)

Ravens can't handle success, it's not in their mental make-up.  Which is why they'll play themselves out of a chance at home-field advantage, go on the road, and lose in Pittsburgh come January.

Week 17 should be a split.  Bengals know they can hang with the big boys after the last two weeks, missing them both by *this* much, and they won't let it happen again at home.

Grey Fox

Kyle "Jay Cutler understudy" Orton was cut today.

Victory for Jebow!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 22, 2011, 04:55:02 PM

Victory for Jebow!

Talk about burning your bridges.  Anyone know who's #2 on the Denver depth chart now?

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 22, 2011, 05:23:04 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 22, 2011, 04:55:02 PM

Victory for Jebow!

Talk about burning your bridges.  Anyone know who's #2 on the Denver depth chart now?

Well, Denver was trying to trade Orton before the season started, so I guess it's not too surprising.

It's not like he was going to lead them to the Super Bowl or something.