News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 10

Started by Grey Fox, November 08, 2011, 08:14:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 14, 2011, 10:29:13 AM
Interesting note:  Matt Schaub, Andre Johnson, and Arian Foster have only been on the field together for one quarter this season.  This should change following the bye.

You know, I saw this post about 10 minutes after I heard the news.  I was going to post something about it, and then I thought, nah.  Let him have his Monday.

It's not unlike the 1988 season, when Bernie Kosar, Webster Slaughter and Kevin Mack only spent the 1st quarter of the first game together on the field all season.  So I know, bro.  I know.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 15, 2011, 06:34:35 AM
You know, I saw this post about 10 minutes after I heard the news.  I was going to post something about it, and then I thought, nah.  Let him have his Monday.

It's not unlike the 1988 season, when Bernie Kosar, Webster Slaughter and Kevin Mack only spent the 1st quarter of the first game together on the field all season.  So I know, bro.  I know.

:hmm:  Yeah but they didn't have Mr. Superstar as the backup QB.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 13, 2011, 07:26:24 PM
Way to go, Ravens.  Once again, erase the previous week's gains with this week's loss.

Can't win on the road.  Can't win after big games.  Can't beat teams with losing records. 

Edit:  The Ravens will give the Colts their first win of the season.  You heard it here first.

I predicted the Tennessee loss based on past history after big wins, and did the same (but didn't mention it here) this past week for the Seattle game. 

What sucks for me is how the Ravens tend to follow up their disappointing losses: pissed off & hungry (say what you will about the Arizona game, but that was one hell of a comeback). 

Still, I'm trying to figure out a way to convince the wife I need to make the trip up to Baltimore this weekend.  And convince myself I wouldn't be driving 9 hours each way just to see my team lose  :hmm:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 15, 2011, 11:19:32 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 15, 2011, 06:34:35 AM

:hmm:  Yeah but they didn't have Mr. Superstar as the backup QB.

I dare you to say that to Don Strock's face.  :mad:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 15, 2011, 12:04:30 PM
Still, I'm trying to figure out a way to convince the wife I need to make the trip up to Baltimore this weekend.  And convince myself I wouldn't be driving 9 hours each way just to see my team lose  :hmm:

I don't know, man.  The Bengals are dangerous and for real this year.  That's why I'm so annoyed about the totally unnecessary losses;  they can't afford to lose those when they don't match up well with the Bengals.

Losing their best CB hurts, but the Bengals' defensive schemes give them fits.

Maybe the Ravens will actually invite Ray Rice to the game.