News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 10

Started by Grey Fox, November 08, 2011, 08:14:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Well, 7-3 going into the much needed bye.  Top ten offense, top five defense.  Andre Johnson should be back after the break (and that's something interesting to note: they've done this mostly without him).  Schaub left the stadium wearing a boot, but is apparently okay. 

Liep

I'm tired of commercials about KFC's cheesy bacon bowl. It looks extremely disgusting, how can anyone eat that?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

It's nice to know that, at least this early in the season, the Ravens' fate for the rest of the year is already mapped out: blow opportunities to have a great record for home-field advantage, limp into the playoffs, go on the road for a one-and-out, and be home by New Year's.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 13, 2011, 06:30:54 PM
It's nice to know that, at least this early in the season, the Ravens' fate for the rest of the year is already mapped out: blow opportunities to have a great record for home-field advantage, limp into the playoffs, go on the road for a one-and-out, and be home by New Year's.
David Reed might have to find his own way home.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Liep on November 13, 2011, 06:25:23 PM
I'm tired of commercials about KFC's cheesy bacon bowl. It looks extremely disgusting, how can anyone eat that?

Cheap, cheap, cheap.

Viking

oh sweet, TD, 2 point conversion, Interception, TD, game goes from NYG 13 - SF 12 to NYG 13 - SF 27 in just a few minutes.

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on November 13, 2011, 06:34:38 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 13, 2011, 06:30:54 PM
David Reed might have to find his own way home.

Yeah, but it's bigger than that, and you've seen it all season long.  Tennessee, that abortion in Jax, the hair-of-their-chinny-chin-chin with Arizona, and now this--they have no business letting teams like this beat them, turnovers or no.

It's execution, it's attitude, and it's brain-farts with the Ravens when it comes to the teams they're supposed to beat.  I don't know where their heads are, but it's not on the Super Bowl this season.

You're supposed to go on the road and beat a 1-5 team on Monday Night Football.  You're supposed to go on the road and beat Tavaris Jackson and his 29th ranked offense.

ulmont

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 13, 2011, 06:46:37 PM
You're supposed to go on the road and beat a 1-5 team on Monday Night Football.  You're supposed to go on the road and beat Tavaris Jackson and his 29th ranked offense.

Yeah, well, you'd think if you beat one winless team 62-7, you could beat another winless team next week too, amirite?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: ulmont on November 13, 2011, 06:50:25 PM

Yeah, well, you'd think if you beat one winless team 62-7, you could beat another winless team next week too, amirite?

Other teams do not concern me.

CountDeMoney

Way to go, Ravens.  Once again, erase the previous week's gains with this week's loss.

Can't win on the road.  Can't win after big games.  Can't beat teams with losing records. 

Edit:  The Ravens will give the Colts their first win of the season.  You heard it here first.

ulmont

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 13, 2011, 07:02:13 PM
Quote from: ulmont on November 13, 2011, 06:50:25 PM

Other teams do not concern me.

Next time you're thought dead, remind me to send congratulations.

Sophie Scholl

Looks like my fantasy futility streak will continue.  Such a terrible year.  Meanwhile, the Browns are still terrible and Holmgren is as awful as I thought he'd be since he got there.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Neil

I made the right decision starting Chicago D instead of the Bengals.

But I would trade all those fantasy wins in exchange for a Ravens team that could consistently beat up weaker opponents.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Very rousing speech by Tomlinson before the Sunday Night game. "Let's play some October football!!!"

Who is that chick in the crotch pants who sings before Sunday Night?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point