News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Would you survive a nuke?

Started by Ed Anger, November 14, 2011, 06:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

I'd live, even with largest non-Dinosaur ender hitting Jackson, MS.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Neil

I don't think that bottling up the Baltic Fleet in the Baltic would be a big strategic coup, given that the whole mission of the Baltic Fleet was to support the roll through Germany.  The blue water work was for the Northern Fleet.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on November 17, 2011, 09:01:41 PM
I don't think that bottling up the Baltic Fleet in the Baltic would be a big strategic coup, given that the whole mission of the Baltic Fleet was to support the roll through Germany.  The blue water work was for the Northern Fleet.

Presumably the Soviets would want to deny the use of Baltic to the enemy.  Still the airborne and naval landings are ambitious.  I'm not sure the Soviet ever launched a successful airborne operation in the whole of WWII.  I suspect such an attempt would be a disaster and would quickly be destroyed by NATO air defense.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017