News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Rick Perry 'oops'

Started by Valmy, November 09, 2011, 09:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Maybe he should write it in on his hand.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habsburg

Big kudos to the CNBC team, best debate to date.

Perry is done.

Romney looked good.  Calling the Student/Tibetian killing Oligarchs "currency manipulators" priceless.  :wub: :worthy:

Gingrich had his moments, but Nasty Newt was there for a bit.  I hate him too much to offer further review.
Poor Santorum, too dumb to understand it's time to go.
Love Huntsman, but he's not making traction.

Cain's "Princess Nancy" comment poor judgment, but consider the source.

Razgovory

I wonder who it was that said "Oh my..." at the end of your video, Valmy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Eddie Teach

4 more years! 4 more years!
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

merithyn

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 09, 2011, 11:28:12 PM
4 more years! 4 more years!

No shit. The alternative is terrifying... :ph34r:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Razgovory

My money is still on the Mormon.  The first one.  Not the other one.

Habsburg

I'll bet Christie is kicking his advisors about now.

jimmy olsen

No way he comes back now.

Romney is definitely going to win the nomination.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Couldn't come up with an agency to get rid of on the fly?  Hell, I could come up with like eight.

IRS
Missile Defense Agency
DARPA
Labor
Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection
Secret Service
Peace Corps
DHS

There, that was less time.  I don't think any should actually be gotten rid of, but I look less foolish, and I'm pretty positive the IRS is the one he meant.

Update: Oops, nope, he meant the Department of Energy.

P.S. What's so bad about the Department of Commerce?  Yeah, fuck the National Weather Service!
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Richard Hakluyt

It was such a useless agency, that did so little, the name momentarily escaped him  :P

Tamas

Quote from: Habsburg on November 09, 2011, 10:30:06 PM
Big kudos to the CNBC team, best debate to date.

Perry is done.

Romney looked good.  Calling the Student/Tibetian killing Oligarchs "currency manipulators" priceless.  :wub: :worthy:

Gingrich had his moments, but Nasty Newt was there for a bit.  I hate him too much to offer further review.
Poor Santorum, too dumb to understand it's time to go.
Love Huntsman, but he's not making traction.

Cain's "Princess Nancy" comment poor judgment, but consider the source.

What about: Ron Paul?

If the Wall Street protesters are being opressed by the elite via attempts to ridicule, Ron is being holocausted

Eddie Teach

Ron Paul won't win because he won't say everything primary voters want to hear. They may be receptive to his economic message this time around, but not his foreign policy. And all the other major candidates are basically echoing his economic views.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

What I loved was when he was obviously struggling, one of the moderators (Maria Bartiromo?) immediately started to move on to deficit reduction. If the other moderator didn't jump in to press on the point, Perry would have slid.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on November 10, 2011, 07:33:51 AM

What about: Ron Paul?

If the Wall Street protesters are being opressed by the elite via attempts to ridicule, Ron is being holocausted

Well, it doesn't help that Paul is crazy.  Like claiming the CIA has launched a coup and overthrown the US government crazy.