News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Google Maps Outtakes

Started by Jacob, November 03, 2011, 06:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

A collection of outtakes from google maps (I think): http://9-eyes.com/

Some pretty cool photos there. One of them's from Vancouver (well, Richmond actually), but they're from all over the world.

fhdz

Wow, those are amazing. The one of the elk running toward the curve in the road is scary as fuck.
and the horse you rode in on

garbon

I'm inclined to believe that many of these are just images done up in the style of google street view. Many are from angles that you wouldn't be able to get from a road (like the person standing on the beach or more pointedly the tank with the orcas).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: fahdiz on November 03, 2011, 06:20:06 PM
Wow, those are amazing. The one of the elk running toward the curve in the road is scary as fuck.

THe Elk?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

I dont get why some of these were outtakes.
██████
██████
██████

Ancient Demon

I like the one with the young man showing his butt. :licklips:
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

MadImmortalMan

The cars on a spike are at a mall in Chicago . The first one with the rabbit suit appears to be a screengrab from Trigger Happy TV.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Jacob

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 03, 2011, 07:10:51 PM
The cars on a spike are at a mall in Chicago . The first one with the rabbit suit appears to be a screengrab from Trigger Happy TV.

Oh really? Yeah, maybe they're not all legit. Interesting collection of photos nonetheless.

garbon

Yeah also the site says these were shown at the new museum in new york. I love that museum but it is very big on artifice. Focuses on more of the indie/performative arts.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

They managed to capture a lot suspicious behavior.  :hmm:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on November 03, 2011, 07:36:46 PM
Yeah also the site says these were shown at the new museum in new york. I love that museum but it is very big on artifice. Focuses on more of the indie/performative arts.

What was wrong with the old museum?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Well the Met and Guggenheim are lovely but they can be a bit stuffy and stuck up.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ancient Demon on November 03, 2011, 06:57:16 PM
I like the one with the young man showing his butt. :licklips:

How did you find that photo of me for your avatar?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Sheilbh

Interesting shots.  I used to live near the two-part tower block :)
Let's bomb Russia!