News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

pig pandemonium

Started by saskganesh, April 27, 2009, 09:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: Martinus on April 27, 2009, 03:47:07 PM
Incidentally, why is it that when gays started dying of AIDS in 1980s all the fundies were all THIS IS THE GOD'S JUST PUNISHMENT FOR THE SIN OF HOMOSEXUALITY but now that people are dying of the swine flu noone is going THIS IS THE GOD'S JUST PUNISHMENT FOR THE SIN OF RAISING PIGS AND EATING PORK? I mean, Leviticus prescribes death penalty for both.  :huh:

Because God made pork tasty, so we know that He wasn't serious. C*ck? Not quite as easy on the palate.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Josephus

Quote from: alfred russel on April 27, 2009, 05:58:16 PM

Because God made pork tasty, so we know that He wasn't serious. C*ck? Not quite as easy on the palate.

And you know this, how exactly?  :huh:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

alfred russel

Quote from: Josephus on April 27, 2009, 06:27:55 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on April 27, 2009, 05:58:16 PM

And you know this, how exactly?  :huh:

I frequently eat bacon for breakfast, and am always up for a pork chop.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on April 27, 2009, 03:47:07 PM
Incidentally, why is it that when gays started dying of AIDS in 1980s all the fundies were all THIS IS THE GOD'S JUST PUNISHMENT FOR THE SIN OF HOMOSEXUALITY but now that people are dying of the swine flu noone is going THIS IS THE GOD'S JUST PUNISHMENT FOR THE SIN OF RAISING PIGS AND EATING PORK? I mean, Leviticus prescribes death penalty for both.  :huh:
Pork is delicious.  Gays are annoying.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

Kidding aside, Marti has a pretty good point, but the answer of course is that religious wackos are just that... wackos.  It's pointless to try to rationalize the behavior of utterly irrational people.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on April 28, 2009, 06:57:48 AM
Kidding aside, Marti has a pretty good point, but the answer of course is that religious wackos are just that... wackos.  It's pointless to try to rationalize the behavior of utterly irrational people.

Marti has never had a good point.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

There's no NT ban on eating pork, there is NT support for looking down on teh gay.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

saskganesh

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 28, 2009, 07:07:01 AM

There's no N ban on eating pork, there is NT support for looking down on teh gay.

the NT also talks about hanging out with prostitutes, healing lepers, and paying your taxes.

oh and forgiveness. I think that's an important part.
humans were created in their own image

Eddie Teach

Quote from: saskganesh on April 28, 2009, 07:23:34 AM

There's no N ban on eating pork, there is NT support for looking down on teh gay.

the NT also talks about hanging out with prostitutes, healing lepers, and paying your taxes.

Yes, they forgive sinners who are *penitent*
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

There's no NT ban on eating pork, there is NT support for looking down on teh gay.
All the fundies are quoting Leviticus concerning teh gay, though.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on April 28, 2009, 07:33:54 AM

All the fundies are quoting Leviticus concerning teh gay, though.
I've caught you in a lie!   Well, more of a half-truth, really.  While they mention Leviticus, Corinthians, Timothy and Romans are all New Testament books.

Now you have a choice:  You can throw yourself upon my altar and beg forgiveness, or you can kill yourself in shame.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

saskganesh

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 28, 2009, 07:26:48 AM
Quote from: saskganesh on April 28, 2009, 07:23:34 AM

Yes, they forgive sinners who are *penitent*
ok. so a homosexual who accepts the shaggy dawg is still a homosexual. or does Paul have a cure to that?
humans were created in their own image