Deal of the week: Modern Warfare 3 pre-order for 1725$ - qty ltd - hurry!

Started by viper37, November 04, 2011, 03:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Neil on November 06, 2011, 01:59:13 PM
Quote from: viper37 on November 05, 2011, 08:44:05 PM
because people may want to play alone?
But then what's the point of a standard FPS?
shooting at something while being engaged in a decent story?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Neil

Quote from: viper37 on November 07, 2011, 09:56:00 AM
Quote from: Neil on November 06, 2011, 01:59:13 PM
Quote from: viper37 on November 05, 2011, 08:44:05 PM
because people may want to play alone?
But then what's the point of a standard FPS?
shooting at something while being engaged in a decent story?
I dunno.  Standard war FPS storylines usually strike me as being the sort of thing that got rejected for a movie of the week on TNT starring Dean Cain.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

Quote from: Neil on November 07, 2011, 08:00:52 PM
I dunno.  Standard war FPS storylines usually strike me as being the sort of thing that got rejected for a movie of the week on TNT starring Dean Cain.
Some are ok, some are bullshit, just as with any games they are aimed at teenagers, mostly.  You got to keep this in mind.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

I remember when they didn't have a story, or ones that exist outside a game manual.  Why am I in this ugly castle filled with monsters?  Fuck if I know.  All I know is that the people who lived here expected to do a lot of acrobatic jumping around and left ammunition all over the floor.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

Call of duty 2 Modern Warfare and the Black Ops thing had semi-interesting stories.  Far Cry and Crysis were a tad better, Crysis 2 was bullshit on this side.

Razgovory

I literally only played five minutes of Black Ops.  I intend to go back to it someday.  Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 had a ludicrous story.  Admittedly I don't play these games for the story though.  Deus Ex had an interesting story, but that was more of an RPG.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

CountDeMoney

Conquest BF3 is a bit spammy sometimes, but I've been having a total blast with it.  Love the ability to mod the primary weapons with different set-ups.

Give me an M16A4 with the IR scope, bipod and heavy barrel, and I'm a better sniper than those bolt-action pussies.  And those little faggots with their tactical flashlights?  Shotguns solve that little problem.

Unlocked everything for MBTs.  Prox scan, IR and coax HMG nets me 20 ribbons a drop.  YOU MAGINIFICENT BASTARD I READ YOUR BOOK

viper37

duh, 5hrs gameplay for the single player mission in MW3, apparently.  I'm not buying this until it reaches 10$ then.

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on November 15, 2011, 02:32:45 PM
duh, 5hrs gameplay for the single player mission in MW3, apparently.  I'm not buying this until it reaches 10$ then.

It never will. Black Ops is still 60$.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

I guess you'll miss out on the absurd plot and silly player character deaths. 

"I died 12 times playing through this level and I'm rewarded by having a guy pour gasoline on me and light me on fire?  Why can't I reload that and shoot the bastard before he does that to me?  I mean, it worked the 12 previous times"

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 15, 2011, 02:36:54 PM

I paid 30$ on Steam.

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on November 16, 2011, 02:39:17 PM

I paid 30$ on Steam.

Steam sales don't count. When it ended it went back to it's 60$ price.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 15, 2011, 07:25:39 AM
Unlocked everything for MBTs.  Prox scan, IR and coax HMG nets me 20 ribbons a drop.  YOU MAGINIFICENT BASTARD I READ YOUR BOOK

:lol:

Now I really want to buy BF3. :unsure:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Razgovory

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 16, 2011, 02:51:04 PM
Quote from: viper37 on November 16, 2011, 02:39:17 PM

I paid 30$ on Steam.

Steam sales don't count. When it ended it went back to it's 60$ price.

Just have keep an eye on it.  They'll have a sale sometime, even if it's only one day.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 16, 2011, 08:20:08 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 15, 2011, 07:25:39 AM

:lol:

Now I really want to buy BF3. :unsure:

Maybe you should.  You're on my Friends List, and I get tired of seeing "FunkMonke is busy: Netflix".
Fucker.