News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Question about statistics

Started by Syt, November 01, 2011, 07:32:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Damn, I've spent hours trying to get an answer.  I feel like I'm almost there now.

HVC

75.  That's my answer and I'm sticking to it lol
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

fhdz

Quote from: DGuller on November 01, 2011, 10:19:39 AM
Damn, I've spent hours trying to get an answer.  I feel like I'm almost there now.

:D
and the horse you rode in on

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on November 01, 2011, 10:19:39 AM

It is like zen buddhist meditation for math nerds.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

fhdz

This is my favorite Languish post in a long time.

DGuller

fhdz

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Pishtaco

None of the answers given can be correct. Perhaps there is a problem with the question?

Malthus

Quote from: Pishtaco on November 01, 2011, 01:14:21 PM
None of the answers given can be correct. Perhaps there is a problem with the question?

Heh, the joke is that there is no "correct" answer, so you can't work out a percent chance of getting one. 
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

alfred russel

The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

PJL

C should have been 75%. That would have made things even more complicated.