News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Don't moooove, or I'll shoot!

Started by viper37, October 31, 2011, 06:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Police are people too. Many of them are no doubt dicks who just want to spice up their work life.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

OK this is a bit ridiculous. Did they believe the cows were on PCP or something?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Maximus on October 31, 2011, 09:43:48 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 31, 2011, 09:10:22 PM
Cops shoot deer all the time. Fuckers will go through your front window and the only real way to deal with them is to start blastin'.
Yea, but if you have the animal immobilized, or if you can approach it. You can put it down with a single shot, even from a sidearm. Emptying your magazine at it and only wounding it is just ignorant.

It was going for its gun.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

viper37

Quote from: DGuller on October 31, 2011, 08:16:01 PM
Was that cop trying to pull over the cow at 0:33 mark?
I assume there was someone outside the field of the camera.  I can't imagine the cop being so stupid as to use a siren when the animals are already excited.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Malthus

Quote from: viper37 on November 01, 2011, 10:12:42 AM
I assume there was someone outside the field of the camera.  I can't imagine the cop being so stupid as to use a siren when the animals are already excited.

True, but then I can't imagine a cop being so stupid as to shoot a cow dead, either.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on October 31, 2011, 09:19:40 PM
Nobody owns the deer though.   Somebody owned that cow.  It's be like if the police shot up my monitor because they thought one of the flying toasters on the screen saver was coming at him.  I'd be pretty pissed. They knew where the cow was.  It's not like was going to get away.  Live stock escape all the time.  It's not that hard to gather them back up.  If they were going to bring the cow down, at least bring a rifle.  It's pretty clear the pistol was insufficient.
1- Animal control is not allowed to capture/kill domestic animals like cows, it was up to the cops.
2- The owner of the animal granted permission to kill the cows.

It seems to me they could have been re-captured, but if they needed to shoot them, they should have used higher caliber than their handguns.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Malthus on November 01, 2011, 10:14:53 AM
Quote from: viper37 on November 01, 2011, 10:12:42 AM

True, but then I can't imagine a cop being so stupid as to shoot a cow dead, either.  ;)
Well, there are stupid cops, I'll agree with that.

Another interesting story:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2011/10/27/mtl-policeshooting.html
The lady didn't do her stop and never saw the cops crossing the street. They felt threatened, so they fired.
Granted, this is Longueuil.  There are people constantly shooting at each other.

viper37

Quote from: Siege on October 31, 2011, 08:26:34 PM
Where was this? The UK?
In Canada, near the Quebec-Ontario border, on Quebec's side.

Malthus

Remind me to be polite to cops in Quebec.

Any chance that cow offended their sensibilities by mooing in English at them?  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

viper37

Quote from: Malthus on November 01, 2011, 10:23:27 AM
Any chance that cow offended their sensibilities by mooing in English at them?  :P
Knowing the people of Gatineau, and hearing them speak english at the camera, she probably was a PQ member :P

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on November 01, 2011, 10:15:23 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 31, 2011, 09:19:40 PM
Nobody owns the deer though.   Somebody owned that cow.  It's be like if the police shot up my monitor because they thought one of the flying toasters on the screen saver was coming at him.  I'd be pretty pissed. They knew where the cow was.  It's not like was going to get away.  Live stock escape all the time.  It's not that hard to gather them back up.  If they were going to bring the cow down, at least bring a rifle.  It's pretty clear the pistol was insufficient.
1- Animal control is not allowed to capture/kill domestic animals like cows, it was up to the cops.
2- The owner of the animal granted permission to kill the cows.

It seems to me they could have been re-captured, but if they needed to shoot them, they should have used higher caliber than their handguns.

What is the point of animal control if they can't capture or kill animals?  Don't you people have dog catchers?  Or do the police just shoot any dog they come across?  Catching wayward livestock is pretty common in rural areas, I'd be surprised if nobody in the area knew how to do that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

KRonn

Quote from: Razgovory on November 01, 2011, 03:18:20 PM

What is the point of animal control if they can't capture or kill animals?  Don't you people have dog catchers?  Or do the police just shoot any dog they come across?  Catching wayward livestock is pretty common in rural areas, I'd be surprised if nobody in the area knew how to do that.
Yeah, really. What's that all about?! Lol...  :hmm:   Heck, in a small suburb of Boston my aunt and uncle used to have a small farm. Sometimes they'd have to chase a stray cow that got past a fence and into neighbor's yards. No biggie.

Maximus

Oh I understand the threat. It's on a road which looks like it doesn't have great visibility. You hit that thing any any kind of speed and you'll be lucky if it only wrecks your car. What I don't get is the stupidity of firing at it centre-mass with a handgun.

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on November 01, 2011, 03:18:20 PM
There's a difference in size between a dog and a cow.
This wasn't a rural area, it was an an suburban area.

Malthus

Quote from: viper37 on November 02, 2011, 10:38:03 AM
There's a difference in size between a dog and a cow.
This wasn't a rural area, it was an an suburban area.

I've seen stray cows rounded up by little boys armed with sticks.  :mellow: