Worst published prose you've ever encountered

Started by jimmy olsen, October 31, 2011, 05:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on November 02, 2011, 06:56:33 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 02, 2011, 06:53:57 PM
So am I.  I'm traveling into the future as I post this.  In fact, I haven't found a way to stop going to the future.
You could try joining a Southern Baptist congregation. :)

Nah.  They were always at my high school recruiting people.  I thought they were really strange.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

Some old novel about Soviets using icebergs sprayted with plastic to invade the US. Everything somehow revolved around a couple of overly precocious 11 year olds and lasers.
PDH!

Ed Anger

If I ever finish writing my fantasy novel, Redheads with Big Sloppy Titties and a tiny sword: Book I of the Strap-on Chronicles, I might win the award.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 02, 2011, 07:31:59 PM
If I ever finish writing my fantasy novel, Redheads with Big Sloppy Titties and a tiny sword: Book I of the Strap-on Chronicles, I might win the award.
If someone will publish this sentence, you will win even if you never finish the book.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on November 02, 2011, 08:40:33 AM
It is just odd that she mines so much of her fiction from family history, so I see echoes of it when I read some of her stuff.
Don't most authors write from personal experience? :huh:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Lucidor

Quote from: Caliga on November 03, 2011, 06:41:16 AM
It is just odd that she mines so much of her fiction from family history, so I see echoes of it when I read some of her stuff.
Quote from: Ed Anger

:huh:

Ed Anger

Quote from: grumbler on November 03, 2011, 06:27:56 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 02, 2011, 07:31:59 PM
If someone will publish this sentence, you will win even if you never finish the book.

:D
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Malthus

Perhaps, but most authors aren't writing about personal experience I actually know about.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

grumbler

Quote from: Lucidor on November 03, 2011, 07:15:49 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger

:huh:
:lol: You win the thread.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on November 03, 2011, 07:54:24 AM

Perhaps, but most authors aren't writing about personal experience I actually know about.  ;)
Sucks to be you then. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Scipio on November 02, 2011, 02:01:20 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 02, 2011, 01:52:35 PM
Quote from: Scipio on November 02, 2011, 12:10:07 PM
I'm already drafting a form habeas corpus petition for any woman who is arrested while pregnant.

Don't think it necessarily follows that jailing the mother acts as deprivation of liberty for the unborn child - its liberty is unaffected.

Are you familiar with the level of maternity care in jail? nightmarish doesn't fully reflect how bad it is.

Are you familiar with the typical level of prenatal care the typical jailhouse mother receives while not in custody?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on November 03, 2011, 08:38:15 AM
[Are you familiar with the typical level of prenatal care the typical jailhouse mother receives while not in custody?

I just want to point out that standards in Canuck prison may be just a bit different than in Mississippi prison.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on November 03, 2011, 08:39:42 AM
Quote from: Barrister on November 03, 2011, 08:38:15 AM
[Are you familiar with the typical level of prenatal care the typical jailhouse mother receives while not in custody?

I just want to point out that standards in Canuck prison may be just a bit different than in Mississippi prison.

That has very little to do with it actually.

Minimal prenatal care is better than none.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on November 03, 2011, 08:35:49 AM
Quote from: Caliga on November 03, 2011, 08:34:16 AM
Sucks to be you then. :(

Sorry but why does it suck to be him?

I admit that it does, but am also unsure as to his reason for asserting it.  :D

Perhaps the lack of tasty gas station BBQ here?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius