Saudi royal offers $900k bounty to catch Israeli soldier

Started by jimmy olsen, October 30, 2011, 11:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Well isn't this unexpected.  :rolleyes:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45095916/ns/world_news-mideast_n_africa/#.Tq4o3HJ9ZFE

QuoteRIYADH, Saudi Arabia — A member of Saudi Arabia's royal family increased to $1 million a reward offered by a Saudi cleric to anyone who captures an Israeli soldier to swap him for Palestinian prisoners.

Prince Khaled bin Talal, brother of billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, told the kingdom's al-Daleel TV station by telephone Saturday that he was raising a previous offer made by Sheik Awadh al-Qarani, a prominent Saudi cleric who promised $100,000 for capturing an Israeli soldier.

"I tell Sheik al-Qarani that I support you and I will pay $900,000 to make it one million dollars to capture an Israeli soldier to release other prisoners," said a voice identified as Prince Khaled, who holds no official position in the government.

The Saudi offers follow in the wake of the release of Israeli soldier Sgt. Gilad Schalit, who was held by Hamas in Gaza for more than five years. Israel has agreed to free over 1,000 prisoners in exchange.

Prince Khaled said he made the offer in response to what he said were Israeli threats against Qarani's life. He did not provide any further details.

In Israel, extremists have offered two rewards of $100,000 to anyone who kills a Palestinian released in the Schalit deal if the Palestinian killed Israelis.

Extremist settler activist Baruch Marzel said he was familiar with the bounties and that there were a number of bereaved Israeli families who were looking to "settle the score" with the killers.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grinning_Colossus

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Martinus

When you consider both the malignancy and the international influence, I think the Saudis are the most despicable regime on the face of the planet (North Korea and possibly Iran are more evil - although I'd say it's probably head-to-head with Iran - but both do not have that kind of reach and their leaders are certainly not feted in world's capitals; China is more powerful but not as evil as the Saudis). Too bad the entire Western world is their crack whore.

Josquius

I have to say I do fail to get TOO riled up- rich Arab offers money to do bad things to Israelis...it happens. That he is related to the Saudi Royals isn't really important, he has nothing to do with the government it says.
That such a programme could be allowed to run in the first place of course....
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

I heard a voice identified as Khaled bin Talal say that this wasn't true.

Seriously; is this a slow news day, or what?  The Saudis may be the world's biggest twats, but this isn't news.  This is somebody calling a TV station.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Viking

In other news Arkady Gaidamak is offering US$1M as a bounty for catching a Saudi Royal.  :lmfao:

Problem is that there are probably more Saudi Royals today than there are Israeli Soldiers.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

Quote from: Viking on October 31, 2011, 05:49:00 AM
In other news Arkady Gaidamak is offering US$1M as a bounty for catching a Saudi Royal.  :lmfao:

Problem is that there are probably more Saudi Royals today than there are Israeli Soldiers.
Meh, another homophobic scum. They should just kill each other.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on October 31, 2011, 06:18:10 AM
Quote from: Viking on October 31, 2011, 05:49:00 AM

Meh, another homophobic scum. They should just kill each other.

you do realize that my post above was a joke do you?

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Sheilbh

I agree with Marty on the negative impact and enormous reach of the House of Saud.  I wish we could dump them.
Let's bomb Russia!

Viking

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 31, 2011, 09:27:15 AM
I agree with Marty on the negative impact and enormous reach of the House of Saud.  I wish we could dump them.

Invent a cheap and simple car that runs on something other than oil and we can do that. Do that and I'll promise to vote for any candidate that ends his speech with "Arabia Saudia Delenda Est".

Ideologue

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 31, 2011, 09:27:15 AM

All I need is 10,000 men, anti-tank weapons, and nerve gas.  We land at Dammam and then make our anabasis.  Slaves for all who survive, energy for all the world.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Berkut

1 million for a single Israeli soldier to trade for 1000 Palestinians.

Hmmmm.

I think grabbing 1000 Palestinians and offering to give them up in return for the million would be a lot easier.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"