Wargame: European Escalation coming in November

Started by Syt, October 28, 2011, 02:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

http://wargame-ee.com/index.php?rub=game

WW3 in Europe. RTS.

HD in game footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlLBsa78C7I&feature=related

QuoteWith rare strategic depth, Wargame: European Escalation stays accessible, and gives all strategy fans, beginners and experienced players alike, a unique, innovative and realistic gaming experience.

Whether solo-playing through a large campaign or fighting against other players from all over the world, reflection and situation awareness are determining factors for victory. Players will have to account for numerous parameters, such as covers, supplying and refueling, and morale, which influence the abilities of their units. They will also have to make good use of recon in order to discover what their opponents are planning and to plan their own tactics and battle plans accordingly.
Every one of the 300 units in the game possesses realistically rendered performance and behavior. Players must monitor which weapons systems their units may use, allowing or forbidding certain weapons in order to save precious ammunition.  This allows users to tailor their battle strategy to a given situation; it is particularly useful in stealth maneuvers, in which a player could forbid the use of weapons until his troops are at close range and then take his enemy by surprise.  When a unit fires a weapon, many parameters (including the optical systems used, the experience of the unit, if it or its target is moving or stationary, and whether it already had fired at this target before) are taken into account in order to determine the probabilities for each weapon system to hit their targets.

Wargame: European Escalation also offers localized damage. For instance, if you take an enemy's armored formation from behind, you will surprise the opponent and inflict maximum damage on his tanks, which have lighter armor and their rear and flank. It's also possible to inflict critical hits that temporarily or permanently damage some embarked systems. The crew of vehicles is also prone to be hit, making a seemingly intact unit impossible to operate.

Morale is another important battle parameter. It is possible, with a barrage, to destroy the morale of the enemy units. Even if they are not destroyed, they will see their abilities reduced and, under the stress, will be much less efficient in battle.

The individual experience of units plays a critical role in the outcomes of battles. During missions, units gain experience points. A small amount of experience is given to your troops for every successful shot, while the total destruction of an enemy unit gives much more experience. The more expensive and experienced the destroyed unit was, the more experience is earned!
Along the battles, your armies will level up through 5 experience levels, from mere rookies to elite units. During the solo campaign, all surviving units will follow you from mission to mission. You will have to protect them in order to benefit from their earned experience in the long run.

An experienced unit will not be more powerful or resilient than a similar, rookie unit, but it will be more lethal because able to act more efficiently. It will be much more accurate with its weapon systems, will spot enemies faster, and will also be less prone to lose morale and abilities under heavy fire. Used with wisdom, a veteran unit will be able to face several units and still be victorious.

In order to support your assault troops, artillery plays an essential role. Though shots are quite inaccurate at first, they slowly gain precision and focus. If an allied recon has a direct line of sight on this target, the shot correction will be much faster. But the artillery has its downside: ammunition heavy, it will need a regular and frequent resupplying, and will be more efficient when placed next to a Forward Operational Base, which means a depot of ammunition and fuel. This makes it a very easy target for the enemy to spot.

In order to maintain the combat ability of your forces, you will need to resupply them. You will have to maintain the stability of your terrestrial and aerial supply lines in order to repair damaged units and provide them with fresh ammo. This will also allow you to make sure your vehicles do not run out of fuel, as everyone knows a stationary tank is a sitting duck waiting to be destroyed. When facing an opponent heavily outnumbering you, attacking his supply lines becomes a particularly viable tactic!

By taking position on specific key areas and on the battleground, you are able to gain command points and control reinforcement zones. Attacking becomes gratifying, as it allows you to call in for reinforcements, fresh units replacing your losses and changing the course of battle. However, only the fragile and costly command vehicles are able to claim to such areas, and you will have to protect or hide them if you do not want to see your last hopes of victory slip through your fingers!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

I saw this on Steam.  Didn't know what it was.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017