News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So what happened to the BP oil spill?

Started by Martinus, October 27, 2011, 03:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: grumbler on October 28, 2011, 08:48:51 AM
Or stay.  I find your combination of arrogance and stupidity highly entertaining.  So long as you are here, no one else needs to worry about being the most pathetic member of the forum.

I can at least make a run at it, can't I?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

I am just sad Marti didnt name me as the second of his least favourite forum members.  :cry:

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

My List:

Tim
Tim
Tim
Tim
Tim
Tim
Tim
Tim
Tim
Tim
Tim
Tim
Tim
Tim
Tim
Tim
Tim
Tim
Tim
Tim
Tim
Tim
Tim
Tim
Tim

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

KRonn

Quote from: fahdiz on October 27, 2011, 05:09:51 PM
Some bacteria ate quite a bit of the oil, oddly.

What happened to the bacteria after that? Where did they go, or morph into??   :unsure:

Valmy

Quote from: KRonn on October 28, 2011, 11:29:05 AM
What happened to the bacteria after that? Where did they go, or morph into??   :unsure:

Sea animals eat them I think.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

fhdz

What happened to the bacteria after that? Where did they go, or morph into??   :unsure:

and the horse you rode in on

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

I don't think they "go" anywhere.  They don't really morph into other things.  They just split into other bacteria.  If all they can eat is oil, then I imagine they'll die off when there is no more oil.  If they can metabolize other forms of energy I suppose they'll stick around.  A better question might be "what kind of chemical do they emit as a byproduct".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

fhdz

Quote from: The Brain on October 28, 2011, 11:45:32 AM
:yuk: I rest my case on non-white women.

Godzilla's got more than just junk in his trunk.

KRonn

Quote from: Razgovory on October 28, 2011, 11:48:39 AM

I don't think they "go" anywhere.  They don't really morph into other things.  They just split into other bacteria.  If all they can eat is oil, then I imagine they'll die off when there is no more oil.  If they can metabolize other forms of energy I suppose they'll stick around.  A better question might be "what kind of chemical do they emit as a byproduct".
Yeah, I assume they die off,  or remain and can survive. I do wonder if they can cause any environmental problems though, if they do remain. Any unwanted consequences? What ever the case, it's probably much better than having all that oil around!

Cecil

Quote from: Razgovory on October 28, 2011, 11:48:39 AM

Considering that oil are just plain old carbon-hydrogen chains my guess would be carbondioxide and water. Unless they are anaerobic that is.

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on October 28, 2011, 06:03:47 AM
You can be such an obnoxious retard at times. You are one of the two my least favourite people on Languish.
Go on.  We all know you want to share the list with us.  :)

fhdz

Quote from: KRonn on October 28, 2011, 12:10:37 PM
Yeah, I assume they die off,  or remain and can survive. I do wonder if they can cause any environmental problems though, if they do remain. Any unwanted consequences? What ever the case, it's probably much better than having all that oil around!

THey remain regardless. They're down there eating the oil (and other stuff) which leaks out of the earth at that depth constantly anyway.