American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Is that good? Someone still ended up dead.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

Quote from: garbon on March 14, 2016, 03:57:00 PM

No one cares about the bad guy been dead. :duh:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

garbon

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 14, 2016, 04:14:02 PM

Of course. I know that no one cares about the mentally ill.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

He made the mistake of taking a hatchet to a gunfight.

If only that guy had been properly armed - with a gun - his death might have been avoided!  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

lustindarkness

Quote from: garbon on March 14, 2016, 04:19:39 PM

Of course. I know that no one cares about the mentally ill.

Only about my wife (she has to be mentally ill if she married me right?).
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Tonitrus

Mixed I suppose.

If the hatchet man was mentally ill, and his situation got to the point that it did...obviously not a good situation.

But since it did, good that someone was there with the means to stop it.

LaCroix

Quote from: Malthus on March 14, 2016, 04:21:51 PMHe made the mistake of taking a hatchet to a gunfight.

If only that guy had been properly armed - with a gun - his death might have been avoided!  :D

my guess is the attacker would have lived, and the clerk would be dead. savior would have either hid or died in an attempt to be a hero. probably hid. guns are really dangerous, and people react differently toward them than much lesser dangerous weapons. ban all guns!  :) (except hunting rifles to exterminate the deer)

garbon

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 14, 2016, 04:44:52 PM

Mixed I suppose.

If the hatchet man was mentally ill, and his situation got to the point that it did...obviously not a good situation.

But since it did, good that someone was there with the means to stop it.

I mean clearly if someone had to die, better the deranged one - particularly from the perspective of the would be victim. Still not a particularly great outcome.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

You know, someone walking around with a hatchet would make me a hell more nervous than the morons that open carry guns around here. :hmm: Kinda weird.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

Well you haven't seen me open carry my Mosin Nagant 91/30 with bayonet attached!

Tonitrus

Quote from: derspiess on March 14, 2016, 05:23:09 PM
Well you haven't seen me open carry my Mosin Nagant 91/30 with bayonet attached!

We've probably gotten accustomed to weirdo war re-enactors as well.  :P

CountDeMoney

Yup, chalk up another loss for the Shall Chop/May Chop Concealed Hatchet crowd.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 14, 2016, 05:59:50 PM
Yup, chalk up another loss for the Shall Chop/May Chop Concealed Hatchet crowd.

:lol: yea
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".