American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Chicks generally look good in cowboy hats.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

lustindarkness

That chick does look good in a cowboy hat.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Monoriu

I thought any sane human being would conclude that it is a really bad idea to let four year olds have access to firearms. 

Malthus

Quote from: Monoriu on March 11, 2016, 10:40:35 AM
I thought any sane human being would conclude that it is a really bad idea to let four year olds have access to firearms.

Apparently, it is a more or less self-correcting problem.  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

lustindarkness

She failed to teach the kid rule # 2, double tap.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Malthus

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 11, 2016, 11:44:46 AM
She failed to teach the kid rule # 2, double tap.

It's amazing it was required with a .45.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

And another example why I don't have a gun :P

Far more likely to get shot myself than I would ever use it against a bad guy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Malthus

Tonitrus

Your sometimes-it-is-good-we-can-carry-guns story of the day....

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/customer-shoots-masked-hatchet-wielding-attacker-in-burien-store/

QuoteA customer shot and killed a hatchet-wielding man attacking a clerk at a convenience store in Burien Sunday morning.

By Rachel Lerman
Seattle Times staff reporter
A customer shot and killed a hatchet-wielding man attacking a clerk at a convenience store in Burien on Sunday morning.

About 5:45 a.m., a masked man about 40 years old walked into a 7-Eleven store near South 110th Street and Eighth Avenue South and swung a hatchet at a customer, said King County Sheriff's Sgt. Cindi West. The man then went behind the counter and attacked the 58-year-old clerk, never saying anything.

Within seconds, a customer pulled out a handgun and shot and killed the attacker, likely saving the clerk's life, West said. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

The 60-year-old customer buys coffee from the store almost every morning, West said, and he sits and chats with the clerks. He has a permit to carry a concealed handgun, West said.

The clerk who was attacked told a KIRO 7 reporter that he would have been killed had it not been for the customer. The regular customer is a "very nice" guy, the clerk said.

The clerk has a minor injury on his stomach, West said.

The identities of the three people involved were not released.

An investigation is continuing.