American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Tonitrus

Momma said the pistol is the devil's right hand.

Caliga

I wasn't born... with a six gun in my hand. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

sbr

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/02/justice/georgia-police-chief-wife/index.html?c=homepage-t

QuoteWe were sleeping when I shot my wife, Georgia police chief says on 911 tape

(CNN) -- The police chief in an upscale community outside Atlanta said he was sleeping when he moved a gun in the bed and accidentally shot his wife in the back, according to a 911 tape released Friday.

"Who shot her?" the 911 operator asked William McCollom, the police chief in Peachtree City, Georgia.

"Me," McCollom replied.

"How did you shoot her?"

"The gun was in the bed, I went to move it, put it to the side, and it went off," McCollom said.

"Is she awake?"

"No, everybody was sleeping," McCollom said.

"No, is she awake now?"

"Yes," he said.

Later in the call, the operator asked McCollom, "Were you asleep also when this happened?"

"Yes," he said.

Wife in critical condition

Margaret McCollom, 58, was listed in critical condition Friday at Atlanta Medical Center, according to the hospital.

William McCollom, 57, has not been charged with a crime, but he has been put on administrative leave while the shooting is investigated by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

McCollom started out the 911 call by describing the problem: "Gunshot wound, accidental, need medical ASAP."

He made the call to 911 about 4 a.m. Thursday. He didn't mention he was the top law enforcement officer in the town of 35,000 people until the 1:50 mark in the six-minute recording.

The 911 operator asked where the gun was located. At first McCollom said he didn't know, then said, "I'm the chief of police. The gun is on the dresser."

"You're the chief of police in Peachtree City?" the operator asked.

"Yeah, unfortunately, yes," McCollom said.

'Come on, guys, get here'

In a statement released Friday, the GBI said: "Chief McCollom has been cooperating with GBI agents working the investigation. Ms. McCollom will be interviewed when her medical condition improves. When the GBI completes the investigation, it will be turned over to Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard."

At one point in the recording, the operator asked, "Is that her crying?" A woman's moans can be heard in the background.

"Yes, she's having trouble breathing," McCollom said. At another point, McCollom addresses his wife, "Are you having trouble breathing, dear?"

"Come on, guys, get here," he says while waiting for the police and ambulance. "Oh my god, how did this happen?"

When the police arrive, McCollom can be heard telling them the gun is on the dresser. The 911 operator ended the call.

Authorities aren't revealing many details, but said in a Thursday press conference that McCollom shot his wife with his service Glock 9mm.

McCollom told the 911 operator he had shot his wife twice, but the GBI said investigators determined she'd only been shot once.

Peachtree City known for golf carts

McCollom was named the police chief in October after being interim chief for three months, reported CNN affiliate WSB.

Peachtree City posted this statement on the city website:

"City Manager Jim Pennington said, 'This morning, I met with every department manager, and the city of Peachtree City, including the Peachtree City Police Department, is continuing with normal operations.'

Peachtree City Mayor Vanessa Fleisch said, 'Our thoughts and prayers are with Maggie and the McCollom family right now, as we wait for the state investigation to proceed.' "

Magazines and websites regularly rank Peachtree City as one of the best places to live and raise a family. The community's trademark: Residents putter around in golf carts on the community's 90-plus miles of paved pathways.

I suppose eventually Darwinism could solve the gun nut problem, but I think it would take too long.  If only we could speed the process up.

dps

Gun safety?  Why would a cop need to know anything about that?

Jeez.

DGuller

CountDeMoney

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Habbaku

What the fuck is he doing waving it around like that?  :lol:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

You'll notice he didn't shoot that box of donuts.

It's not about black or white:  it's all blue.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on January 06, 2015, 09:10:24 PM
What the fuck is he doing waving it around like that?  :lol:

Looked like he was taking out of his holster and trying to put it in his coat pocket.  Why that couldn't wait, I don't know.  I think even Caliga would wait until he got to the car before he shot himself.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

QuoteIndiana couple arrested after video shows handgun in toddler's mouth

(Reuters) - An Indiana couple has been charged with child neglect after cell phone video obtained by authorities recorded the pair telling a one-year-old baby to put a gun in her mouth and instructing her to make sounds like the weapon was firing, police said.

Authorities in Evansville said on Friday they found the video on the phone of Michael Barnes, 19, who was arrested Thursday after he agreed to sell a handgun to an undercover officer through a transaction made on social media, Evansville police said in a statement.

During what police called a "follow up investigation," officers looking through Barnes' phone discovered the video of the one-year-old baby putting a gun in her mouth. In the background, two adults, identified as Barnes and the toddler's mother, Toni Wilson, 22, encouraged the child to play with the weapon, police said.

"Barnes can be heard telling the child to say "pow" on multiple occasions while the child plays with the gun," police said. "The video also shows the child placing the muzzle of the gun in her mouth. At no point does Barnes try to stop the child from playing with the gun," the statement said.

The child's mother told police that the firearm was a pellet gun. Evansville police said the weapon was a .40 caliber handgun.

Both Barnes and Wilson face multiple charges in the incident, including child neglect and criminal recklessness with a deadly weapon. Barnes also faces charges in connection with the thwarted gun sale, police said.

The 12-month-old girl and one-month-old twins in the home were placed in emergency care, police said.

Barnes and Wilson were in custody and not available for comment. It was unclear if they had obtained attorneys or how they intended to plead.

(Reporting by Victoria Cavaliere; editing by Andrew Hay)

The Brain

QuoteThe 12-month-old girl and one-month-old twins

FFS Ed.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.