American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on May 01, 2014, 08:52:06 PM
Quote from: from the letterBecause this item was designed and intended to convert a semiautomatic rifle into a machinegun, FTB determined that it was a machinegun...

Isn't 'this item' a reference to the '14-inch long shoestring with a loop at each end'?

Yes, "this item" is in fact, an "item".  It is not a "machinegun"--that definition is reserved for the former "semiautomatic rifle", one that dermouthbreather can't seem to grasp.

The Brain

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 01, 2014, 09:15:57 PM
Quote from: from the letterBecause this item was designed and intended to convert a semiautomatic rifle into a machinegun, FTB determined that it was a machinegun...

Isn't 'this item' a reference to the '14-inch long shoestring with a loop at each end'?

Yes, "this item" is in fact, an "item".  It is not a "machinegun"--that definition is reserved for the former "semiautomatic rifle", one that dermouthbreather can't seem to grasp.

:huh:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

celedhring

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 01, 2014, 09:15:57 PM

Incorrect.  The ATF will actually designate a single gun part or accessory as a machinegun under certain circumstances. Figured you'd know that.

Sort of similar to how it considers this hunk of machined aluminum to be a firearm even though it's just a receiver:

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

Wow, six functional bombs. Usually they never work. This kid is an unusually talented nutcase.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/minnesota-teen-methodically-plotted-carnage-three-acts-police-say-n95736
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

and closing the loop   :lol:

QuoteMan charged in Washington bomb plot dead in cell
A Washington state man charged this week with plotting to blow up a Walmart and two gas stations as a diversion for a robbery spree has been found dead in his cell.

The U.S. Bureau of Prisons said Thursday that Larry Ray Gillette was discovered unresponsive at the Federal Detention Center at SeaTac on Wednesday and was taken to a hospital, but could not be revived.

The FBI is investigating death as an apparent suicide, but no details were immediately released about the cause. Prosecutors said Gillette was arrested Monday as he tried to ignite what he thought was a car bomb. In reality, it was a dud provided by investigators.

A complaint unsealed Tuesday charged him with soliciting a crime of violence and being a felon in possession of a firearm.

derspiess

Why are people always disappointed when that happens?  Seems like it saves everyone else some time & effort.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on May 02, 2014, 11:27:27 PM
Why are people always disappointed when that happens?  Seems like it saves everyone else some time & effort.

We have a lot of tree hugging garbonites with ponytails out here.

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on May 02, 2014, 11:33:20 PM

We have a lot of tree hugging garbonites with ponytails out here.

:huh:

Do we really have many tree hugging, ponytail sporting black people?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

:huh: He was the best a man can get.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

The BAR has been raised gentlemen.  :cool:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/05/08/ohio-ordinance-works-hcar-modernized-bar/

QuoteOhio Ordnance Works HCAR (Modernized BAR)

Posted May 8, 2014 in Companies, NFA / Suppressors / Class III, Rifles by Nathan S.

Ohio Ordnance Works has been busy preparing their new HCAR for release. Originally debuted in 2013, reports from Bearing Arms indicate that the rifle will be heading to production soon.

The HCAR or "Heavy Counter-Assault Rifle" is a modernized and improved Browning Automatic Rifle that Ohio Ordnance Works has been producing for over 20 years. Notable improvements include bolt-hold-open, increased magazine capacity, lighter weight, and ergonomic selector switch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvEb4PzSfx0

"The Heavy Counter Assault Rifle by Ohio Ordnance Works is based on the M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle. Chambered for .30-06, the HCAR sports many improvements over the original BAR including a reduction in weight of nearly 8 lbs, modernized selector switch and bolt hold open/release, and a proprietary 30-round magazine.

The HCAR will soon be available from Osprey Armament.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

I have just joined the collective of Languishites who own a working[1] firearm.  Saturday, I purchased a Ruger 22/45 Target.  I managed to sneak in an order for a brick of Norma TAC-22 match ammunition from Cabela's, which should be at the store for me to pick up a week Thursday.  For now, I just get to familiarize myself with my new target pistol while my wife cringes in the corner.

[1] I have two non-functional double barrels that I need to get to a gunsmith, plus an air rifle.