American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 27, 2013, 04:26:36 PM
To get this back on track, I'm looking at this:

http://www.ruger.com/products/lcr/models.html

Either in .357 or .38+p

The "+P" stands for pussy.  Don't be That Guy.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 27, 2013, 05:31:00 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 27, 2013, 04:26:36 PM
To get this back on track, I'm looking at this:

http://www.ruger.com/products/lcr/models.html

Either in .357 or .38+p

Get the .357 Mag and you can shoot the .38 Specials in it also. You know you can load .38 Specials in a 357 Mag dont you?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on August 28, 2013, 12:25:01 AM

Get the .357 Mag and you can shoot the .38 Specials in it also. You know you can load .38 Specials in a 357 Mag dont you?[/quote]

By all means, go ahead and use +P ammo on a regular basis in a .357.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 28, 2013, 12:54:56 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on August 28, 2013, 12:25:01 AM

Get the .357 Mag and you can shoot the .38 Specials in it also. You know you can load .38 Specials in a 357 Mag dont you?

By all means, go ahead and use +P ammo on a regular basis in a .357.
[/quote]

You know what +P really is dont you?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

and yes, you can fire 38 Special +P in a revovler made for .357 Mag.

Ed Anger

I'll just use the Colt Python for magnum use.

And stick with my dad's old police .38.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on August 28, 2013, 03:21:14 AM

Not if you want to be scrubbing the cylinders all goddamned day.
You want to fire +P loads in that little revolver Ed linked, fine.  I'll stick to wadcutters.

Ed Anger

And I'm too anal (HA!) to mix rounds. Magnum rounds into the magnum, 38 rounds into the .38.

Ed Anger

I should count and number all my rounds....

CountDeMoney

Meh, it's cheaper to shoot .38 wadcutters at the range than Golden Sabers if you're going to go spend a day at the range.  But for those little revolvers, those +P loads could cause problems with the cylinder. 
Want to load them in a .357, do it with a larger frame revolver.  If it was good enough advice from the armorer, it's good enough for me.

Get yourself a .44 Bulldog instead.  The whole point of home self defense is to make sure your target doesn't get back up to testify.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 28, 2013, 03:50:39 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on August 28, 2013, 03:21:14 AM

Not if you want to be scrubbing the cylinders all goddamned day.
You want to fire +P loads in that little revolver Ed linked, fine.  I'll stick to wadcutters.

Hey, Phil Sheridan, we advance from black powder nowadays. Welcome to the 21st century.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 28, 2013, 04:02:07 AM
Want to load them in a .357, do it with a larger frame revolver.  If it was good enough advice from the armorer, it's good enough for me.

and brass framed revolvers.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on August 28, 2013, 04:07:50 AM
Hey, Phil Sheridan, we advance from black powder nowadays. Welcome to the 21st century.

Eat me and my wadding.

11B4V

Ed, get the .357 unless you got little girl wrists.

FYI, that 357 snub will bounce just a little, even loaded with 38 Special +P. Not as much though.  :lmfao: