American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

How far are we going to have to go back for that?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

I wish he'd apologize for his apology to heartless motherfuckers.  :mad:

Ed Anger

I wish I could stroke my assault rifles right now.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

First set of loadings for the next range trip.  :D

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on July 08, 2013, 06:40:50 PM

I wish you'd apologize for that post  :ultra:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on July 09, 2013, 09:51:18 AM
Quote from: DGuller on July 08, 2013, 06:40:50 PM

I wish you'd apologize for that post  :ultra:
Really apologize or faux apologize?

derspiess

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on July 09, 2013, 09:51:37 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on July 08, 2013, 11:45:36 PM

What is that?  8mm?

yippers. All nice and shiny for the Remington.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Quote from: 11B4V on July 09, 2013, 10:48:24 AM

What is that?  8mm?

That's definitely one caliber I'd reload if I ever got around to reloading.  8mm is so damned expensive these days, I almost never take my Mauser out to the range.

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on July 09, 2013, 10:37:21 AM
Quote from: DGuller on July 09, 2013, 10:27:38 AM

Faux.  And in Russian.
Мне жаль, что ты бессердечный ублюдок.  :hug:

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on July 09, 2013, 11:00:24 AM
Quote from: derspiess on July 09, 2013, 10:37:21 AM
Quote from: DGuller on July 09, 2013, 10:27:38 AM

Faux.  And in Russian.
Мне жаль, что ты бессердечный ублюдок.  :hug:

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on July 09, 2013, 10:54:43 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on July 09, 2013, 10:48:24 AM

What is that?  8mm?

That's definitely one caliber I'd reload if I ever got around to reloading.  8mm is so damned expensive these days, I almost never take my Mauser out to the range.
No doubt. Problem with the 8x57 (8mm Mauser) is, the same powders that work good in the 5.56mm (.223) and .308 Winchester work in the 8mm :grr:. CFE is new so a lot of people havent used it yet. Scored 6 pounds of it last year. My go to powder for the 8mm is H4895 & IMR4895. Just cant find it, so Ive had to go to other less used powders for it (IMR4007, IMR 8208 XBR etc.) I did score 5000 primers last night.  :thumbsup: 

CFE223 is a real good powder for the 8mm Mauser. Ive used it with two other bullet weights so far; the 175 grain Sierra (2810fps avg) and 180 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip (2790fps avg). The Remington 700 Classic is a treat to load for in 8x57 (8mm Mauser). Good strong modern action, not a WW2 surplus rifle or a Yugo M48. It lets you load the 8mm full potential.

derspiess

Got my CZ-82 so I again have a concealed carry-worthy firearm.  Might finally go ahead and get my CCW license, not that I anticipate carrying very often.

The CZ-82 is a really nice pistol.  It's like they took a Makarov and added several improvements/refinements.  Downside is that it's a lot more complicated-- has like twice the parts of a Makarov.  Easy to field strip, but I'd have to punch out a few different-sized roll pins to fully disassemble.  And the baked-on type of finish tends not to wear off so much as it flakes off.  Mine is in mechanically excellent condition, and NRA Very Good+ condition cosmetically. Might get it refinished (cerakote?) at some point.

Czechs make really good firearms.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 14, 2013, 08:23:47 PM
Got my CZ-82 so I again have a concealed carry-worthy firearm.  Might finally go ahead and get my CCW license, not that I anticipate carrying very often.

Oh, I think you do.