American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

merithyn

Quote from: 11B4V on April 17, 2013, 05:55:56 PM
and Obama loses again. No emotional blackmail for you.

Yes, because that's what all of this is about: winning and losing.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Caliga

Obama seemed genuinely angry at that press conference.  Meanwhile Biden was standing next to him with his arms folded and this look on his face like he was gonna beat someone over the head with a bat, lock them in a trunk, filet them with his mom's steak knife, and bury them somewhere in rural Westchester County. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

11B4V

QuoteDemocratic Sens. Mark Pryor (Ark.), Max Baucus (Mont.), Heidi Heitkamp (N.D.), Mark Begich (Alaska) and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (Nev.) voted against it. Reid supported the measure but voted against it to preserve his ability to bring the measure up again.

GOP Sens. John McCain (Ariz.), Susan Collins (Maine), Pat Toomey (Pa.) and Mark Kirk (Ill.) voted "yes."

The amendment sponsored by Sens. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) and Toomey appeared to have political momentum last week.

Read more: http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/294571-senate-rejects-tougher-background-checks-on-gun-purchases#ixzz2QlY4LwLU
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on April 17, 2013, 06:24:46 PM
Man, Barack is pretty pissed.
Fuck him.
He needs to work on other shit (way more important) instead of this. Fuck him, opportunist. He thought it would be easy. Get back on track with the economy and all these folks outta work. Quit passing out your kool-aid, Mr. President.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Yes, how foolish of him to try to pass laws the majority of Americans want. :rolleyes:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Feinstein's amendment lost 40-60 :lol:

There were some GOP-backed amendments that narrowly lost but I'm sure nobody expected them to get through.

And Manchin voted against the magazine limit amendment even though he had said something about not ever needing that many rounds in his "clip".

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/vote_menu_113_1.htm
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on April 17, 2013, 06:49:41 PM
Yes, how foolish of him to try to pass laws the majority of Americans want. :rolleyes:

...yet are rather unenthusiastic in supporting.  People want the economy fixed.  Only 4% think gun legislation should be the top priority.  In fact it's way down on the list.

11B4V

Majority? Based on what?

Smoke and Mirrors. Get people back to work.

mongers

It's not an either or, you can do both, you know like having foreign and domestic policies at the same time. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

Quote from: mongers on April 17, 2013, 07:07:30 PM
It's not an either or, you can to both, you know like having foreign and domestic policies at the same time.

Tell him that. :lol:

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on April 17, 2013, 06:55:09 PM

...yet are rather unenthusiastic in supporting.  People want the economy fixed.  Only 4% think gun legislation should be the top priority.  In fact it's way down on the list.

What an interesting way to to spin it. :lol:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: mongers on April 17, 2013, 07:07:30 PM
It's not an either or, you can do both, you know like having foreign and domestic policies at the same time.

Maybe things are different in Parliament, but over here we have a concept called legislative priorities.  It's kind of a zero sum game-- time & political capital spent pushing gun legislation is less than can be put toward economic legislation.