American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on April 15, 2013, 09:29:00 AM
Will any of those guns shoot through the door?

I'm in Maryland, dude.  Even if they could, I'd wind up indicted by a grand jury.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 15, 2013, 09:11:00 AM
So Dad's decided he's getting rid of some stuff in a fit of retirement downsizing, so I'm getting:

--another .357 S&W Model 66 with a 2 1/4" barrel, same as the one I already have;  shame I'm not a bail bondsman anymore, I'd roll with a dual shoulder holster config.
--his .357 S&W Model 640;  damned shrouded hammers.  Nice little backup piece, though.
--and my personal heirloom, his Colt Cobra .38 Special from his days in the BPD.  Fucker's older than I am, and in better shape. 

Nice pieces
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Not only would I have enough wheelguns for Wyatt Earp, but enough to go around for Virgil, Morg, and Doc.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 15, 2013, 09:54:09 AM
Not only would I have enough wheelguns for Wyatt Earp, but enough to go around for Virgil, Morg, and Doc.

If you can find me a 10-gauge shotgun, I'll be Doc  :alberta:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Speaking of wheelguns & cowboys, for shits & gigs I might order one of these.  Cheap as hell & cheap to shoot in .22.  Gets really good reviews.  Would probably end up costing me under $170 after shipping and transfer fee.

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Tonitrus

Most of the types of guns I've been looking at have "historical" motives.  Things like the M1 Garand, a Single Action Army revolver (I like them westerns), Winchester 1896 lever-action, etc.  :P

CountDeMoney

How difficult do you think it would be to score an M-14?  I love those things.

11B4V

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 15, 2013, 11:35:28 AM
Most of the types of guns I've been looking at have "historical" motives.  Things like the M1 Garand, a Single Action Army revolver (I like them westerns), Winchester 1896 lever-action, etc.  :P

If you havent already, check out Uberti's website. Check out their Richards Conversion, Mason-Richards, and Open Top Conversion.

The Schofield I got a few years back was excellent. I still need to convert the Remington New Army from C & B to .45 Colt.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 15, 2013, 11:44:42 AM

M1A's (which are almost identical) seem like they can be had.  Not for what I'd call cheap, though.  Like maybe around $1300-1400.

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 15, 2013, 11:35:28 AM

Looks like I missed the boat on my Civilian Marksmanship Program M1 Garand.  They had a run on them and are struggling to fill current orders, let alone restock for new orders.  Hopefully they'll be caught up by late-summer. 

I'll still probably buy a 1911 whenever I can find a Rock Island Armory GI model in .45 at a decent price.  Of course then I'll have to find ammo for it :bleeding:

11B4V

Ed Anger

I'll borrow my dad's Python and you can call me Hutch.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: 11B4V on April 15, 2013, 12:19:32 PM

M-14 impossible unless you have the license. M1a well
http://www.gunsamerica.com/Search/Category/659/Guns/Rifles/Springfield-Armory-Rifles/M1A-M14.htm

Argh, looks like that $1300-1400 range must have been before the current craze. 

Also, I'm not a fan of those stubby-looking shorter-barreled "Scout" and "SOCOM" models.  The M14/M1A should have a 22" barrel as God intended.

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on April 15, 2013, 12:57:48 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on April 15, 2013, 12:19:32 PM

M-14 impossible unless you have the license. M1a well
http://www.gunsamerica.com/Search/Category/659/Guns/Rifles/Springfield-Armory-Rifles/M1A-M14.htm

Argh, looks like that $1300-1400 range must have been before the current craze. 

Also, I'm not a fan of those stubby-looking shorter-barreled "Scout" and "SOCOM" models.  The M14/M1A should have a 22" barrel as God intended.

Gots to throw down some bones now. :mad:

11B4V

and Obama loses again. No emotional blackmail for you.

derspiess

Quote from: 11B4V on April 17, 2013, 05:55:56 PM
and Obama loses again. No emotional blackmail for you.

I think the emotional blackmail stuff has just started.